Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie sqeegee witch one ?

Personal preference really, I got an ettorre when I first started and got so used to them that anything else just doesn't feel the same. I'd get them both and see what you like the most...Phil 

I've only just recently converted over to the moerman set up after using the standard unger squeegee for the past 7 years. I must admit the moreman did take a bit of getting used to at first - different soap mix consistency and technique. Once I mastered this I found that I am now saving a lot of time with very little detailing. Also it's fantastic when having to use a pole with awkward inaccessible windows. If you do go with the moerman set up I would recommend using the black diamond or unger soft squeegee rubber. The moreman ecelerator 2 is a superb tool to use.

Good luck!

If you have to modify something surly it’s not worth buying , buy something what does what it says 
With the traditional brass channels it is best to 'dog-ear' them, but it's not necessary. A lot of modern plastic windows have a right-angle frame, so you can use the brass type straight from the box, so to speak. It's a good beginner squeegee. When you have got used to that, then the moerman squeegees are the best all rounders in my opinion. 

I just use a standard unger squegee for trad work, the black handled one you can find in screwfix, 12 inch i think. Brilliant piece of kit. Found it all cobwebbed up under my old mans kitchen sink actually. Replaced the rubber gave it a spruce up happy days! 

Been using it 5 years, didnt get on with wagtails. Moerman excellerator ok but i dont think its really necessary. Whatever you get a feel for i suppose. I do very little trad, mainly first cleans, small ground floor flats where it doesnt warrant getting the wfp out and narrow side alleys that are a pita for pole work etc. 95% wfp but sometimes i feel like its a bit of a spiritless way of cleaning windows and wish i did more trad. The expenses would certainly be lower. But so many windows you cant access trad & it’s slow as compared to wfp, so ?‍♂️ I stick to the wfp. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use a standard unger squegee for trad work, the black handled one you can find in screwfix, 12 inch i think. Brilliant piece of kit. Found it all cobwebbed up under my old mans kitchen sink actually. Replaced the rubber gave it a spruce up happy days! 

Been using it 5 years, didnt get on with wagtails. Moerman excellerator ok but i dont think its really necessary. Whatever you get a feel for i suppose. I do very little trad, mainly first cleans, small ground floor flats where it doesnt warrant getting the wfp out and narrow side alleys that are a pita for pole work etc. 95% wfp but sometimes i feel like its a bit of a spiritless way of cleaning windows and wish i did more trad. The expenses would certainly be lower. But so many windows you cant access trad & it’s slow as compared to wfp, so ?‍♂️ I stick to the wfp. 
Ordered a unger ninja now after looking at reviews seems best allrounder and it mainly jus so I get a feel for it I had a cheap no name sqeegee and either it's rubbish or I am ? yet to try wfp trying to sort a day with someone I don't really want to spend big £ straight away and not even tried it thanks for your help mate IL look out for the sqeegee you mentioned aswell  

With the traditional brass channels it is best to 'dog-ear' them, but it's not necessary. A lot of modern plastic windows have a right-angle frame, so you can use the brass type straight from the box, so to speak. It's a good beginner squeegee. When you have got used to that, then the moerman squeegees are the best all rounders in my opinion. 
Just bought a unger ninja possibly look at the ettorre eze handle and a brass after if I get on well watching that stevo on YouTube and from what I keep seeing is moerman are the harder to get the hang of witch is why I settled on a ninja for now 

It’s best not to buy something that needs put right , your paying for something that is meant to be upto the job , 

I’d recommend the moerman range. I haven’t had to adapt them. Use the moerman precut rubbers and don’t have any issues with them. The combinator saves quite a bit of time when you’re used to it too.

Witch is best for newbie 

Looking at 

Unger ninja or moerman exelarator
Here's an idea. I saw this in a diy store in Austria this morning ...... All for under 20 euros. If you want me to bring one back let me know. This could be the future for all trad start ups. ????

20190705_123259_001.jpg

I "learnt" to use the moerman couple of years ago, used some tweaks (green clips in ends) and I do not bother cutting the rubber at an angle, just keep it square (except for my modified 6"). My Squeegee of choice, though it did take time to adapt my style slightly.

BIG thing is the cutting down on detailing, which means detailing cloths keep dryer longer.

But different strokes for different folk.

Latest Posts

Back