Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

3 point ladders

Daz69

I'm thinking of buying the 3 point window cleaning A-frame ladders, my question is, are they worth it, or just stick with my usual ladders. 

Thanks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Very few tradders in my area have A-frames most of the old schoolers have standard 4 point ladders. I could see an a-frame being a problem if you are looking to do gutters also.

I have to use an A frame on a couple of jobs and it took me a few months to get used to.

They are heavier and hurt the feet (round rungs). Working in corners etc is much better obviously.

If i was trad i would have both on the van and use accordingly.  

We are wfp now but when we were trad we had and still have Ramsey pointer ladders in 3, 3:5 ,4 and 5 meter double pointers , they are far safer than a normal ladder and can be pitched safely on uneven ground where a normal ladder cannot be , they take a bit of getting used to but we wouldn’t use anything else , thouroughly recommend them . 

Very few tradders in my area have A-frames most of the old schoolers have standard 4 point ladders. I could see an a-frame being a problem if you are looking to do gutters also.

We use pointers for gutter access if we cannot do it with the vac , very good ladder don’t knock it untill you have used one far safer . 

We are wfp now but when we were trad we had and still have Ramsey pointer ladders in 3, 3:5 ,4 and 5 meter double pointers , they are far safer than a normal ladder and can be pitched safely on uneven ground where a normal ladder cannot be , they take a bit of getting used to but we wouldn’t use anything else , thouroughly recommend them . 

We use pointers for gutter access if we cannot do it with the vac , very good ladder don’t knock it untill you have used one far safer . 
Really? I would have thought the narrow top would have given less allowance on gutter jobs, thinking narrower top less support for your body and only one point to put your hands ?‍♂️ if it works for you great

Really? I would have thought the narrow top would have given less allowance on gutter jobs, thinking narrower top less support for your body and only one point to put your hands ?‍♂️ if it works for you great

Three points of contact will always be better as it won’t slip or slide and when cleaning windows the ladder can be pitched into a corner giving more access to the window and frame , I started trad with a normal ladder and a friend lent me one of his Ramsey pointers , after a couple of days I didn’t want to give it back , so bought my own brilliant ladders 

Three points of contact will always be better as it won’t slip or slide and when cleaning windows the ladder can be pitched into a corner giving more access to the window and frame , I started trad with a normal ladder and a friend lent me one of his Ramsey pointers , after a couple of days I didn’t want to give it back , so bought my own brilliant ladders 
What length ramsay do you have dude they look quite light those ramsays, the heaviest being 23.5 kg. Our triples only reach 1/2 mtr higher and are 30kg i hate having to use all 3 sections and its certainly not possible without my brother too bloomin heavy 

What length ramsay do you have dude they look quite light those ramsays, the heaviest being 23.5 kg. Our triples only reach 1/2 mtr higher and are 30kg i hate having to use all 3 sections and its certainly not possible without my brother too bloomin heavy 

I have them in 3 , 3:5 , 4 and 5 meter doubles , they are a smaller section but feel heavy , they are very good in breezy conditions as they are smaller box section than most ladders 

I bought a single 2.5m and a set of double 3m Ramsay pointers a month ago, well pleased with them. Got a set of triples for the gutters if the vac won’t do the job. 

I moved over to pointers a few years back and they do need a bit of getting used to but couldn't do without them now.

The rubber block doesn't damage any stone work or pvc frames and they can get into places a normal ladder can't.

I have the Ramsey pointers and they are a solid piece of kit.

Back