Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Soft washing roof

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Soft washed a roof 2 mths ago using 4% hypo. Roof is cleaning up well except for 4 ft × 2 ft patch of white heavy crust substance? How do I treat and remove that. The customer is a bit anxious about it. I suggested leaving it for another while before retreating it?

Some lichens take longer to die and come off a roof than others I find orange ones are the worse , wet it with normal water first this will encourage the licken to open up and absorb the water , then give it a 4-1 mix of hypo leave fir a few muinits and re apply do this several times then leave for up to 40 muinits then rinse , this should kill it and it will come off the roof over a period of weeks or months , an alternative method is to spray that area with a biocide mix something like algo clear pro or similar and leave it , again over the next few week / months it will gradually come off the roof 

Latest Posts

Back