Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New pole needed

WCF

Help Support WCF:

BlueClearChoice

Hi all. 

Other than a gardner pole which else is out there vaule for money? Don’t need anything to big 22ft will do. Thanks all. 

As far as Ime concerned Gardiners poles are hard to beat for value for money and longevity so why buy anything else it’s a proven product , just my ten pens worth ??

Part time window cleaner don’t have Gardner money lol. Think I’m gonna go for the CLX 22ft I’m happy with that. 

Clx is a good pole Gardiners though as I said ??? , £138 + vat for a 22 foot pole that if you are part time will last years , the slx is a bit stiffer but nothing wrong with the clx once you are used to it you can make the flex in it work to your advantage and no black hands ?? you won’t be disappointed trust me  

Looking to get a new pole soon, my clx 27 is fine and dandy but it still heavier and larger than I need for 90% of the work I do. Nothing wrong with a clx imo does the job and perfect for beginners and/or part timers

looked at the streamline ova 8 17ft recently but not sure on them, fair bit cheaper and feels nice and lightweight too. Still think a extreme is the best way to go overall but is suppose it depend s on what your looking for, part time or not? 

I have just about all the gardiner poles Lol ? 

@Den So your opinion is what i'm looking for too. I did start my own topic about this a while back but can't remember the result of that.. but if you've had them all..

I'm also a part time windy.. (well part time with the brush but do a lot of canvassing)..

Anyway i use clx 27.. find it a bit too bendy / heavy at times but does the job and as my first pole i'm quite attached to it. What's next for me? - SLX or one of the other more expensive ones? - Need light weight, long length and rigid. Thanks

For example yesterday I done 4 x bungelows in a row used my clx4 then my extreme 18 for most of the day had one house with a large extension that required my extreme 25.

last week I was working 4 storey houses used my extreme 35 with slx extensions 8 and 9.

my son uses slx18 and slx 25 he also extensions for his slx25 

Above are always on the van each day.

I have spare slx 18 and slx 22 for back up both are still in really good working condition.

bearing in mind I’m tubless so swapping poles only takes me a couple of seconds.

if your working part time then I would suggest slx18 and slx25 with a couple of extensions the slx25 and extensions will last many years as they hardly get used. 

For example yesterday I done 4 x bungelows in a row used my clx4 then my extreme 18 for most of the day had one house with a large extension that required my extreme 25.

last week I was working 4 storey houses used my extreme 35 with slx extensions 8 and 9.

my son uses slx18 and slx 25 he also extensions for his slx25 

Above are always on the van each day.

I have spare slx 18 and slx 22 for back up both are still in really good working condition.

bearing in mind I’m tubless so swapping poles only takes me a couple of seconds.

if your working part time then I would suggest slx18 and slx25 with a couple of extensions the slx25 and extensions will last many years as they hardly get used. 
personally i couldnt be bothered swapping poles for different jobs....i use a 25 ft xtreme/SLX hybrid pole for most jobs and an xtreme 47 for anything higher....thats it.....im thinking of ditching any work over 25 ft now so ive just got one pole in the van....

We have all Gardiner poles 

clx 27

extreme 18

slx 18 x2 

six25 x2

six22 

extreme 25

extreme 35 

ultimate 47-74 

excellent poles the extremes are a bit delicate especialy the 18 that I use as an everyday pole , but I wouldn’t use anything else I have tried other brands but always come back to Gardiners  as they are the best on the market at the moment and have been for a long time . Price is expensive for the extremes but the clx and six I feel are very reasonable especialy when you consider what you earn with the pole over its life time .

In the back of my van I have a CLX 18 and 27, a SLX 25 and 47 and a 57' Modular pole. Very rarely use the 18 though. 

Dont the 18 get all 2 floor homes tho part timer? But i guess still prefer the slx 25?

I only got slx 22 which is great, but the 25 would've just helped me out on so many bits and bobs (extra high skylights etc. Also, the 22 just fits in the transit connect (with bulkhead) Extensions prob the answer. Would my set up need to be tubeless then?

Dont the 18 get all 2 floor homes tho part timer? But i guess still prefer the slx 25?

I only got slx 22 which is great, but the 25 would've just helped me out on so many bits and bobs (extra high skylights etc. Also, the 22 just fits in the transit connect (with bulkhead) Extensions prob the answer. Would my set up need to be tubeless then?

Would a CLX18 get to the height of an average 2 up 2 down? 
It does but you struggle on the windows above extensions and conservatories. It feels like a twig after using the bigger poles, it is handy to drop down to it after a long session with the 47 though.

Personally I'd still buy the 22', you will be able to do townhouses with it and it will still be a fair bit lighter than your current pole. Unless of course there's nothing like this in your area. Current trend is to make houses thinner and higher to get more per square foot. 

personally i couldnt be bothered swapping poles for different jobs....i use a 25 ft xtreme/SLX hybrid pole for most jobs and an xtreme 47 for anything higher....thats it.....im thinking of ditching any work over 25 ft now so ive just got one pole in the van....
Each to their own I’m always looking for the light solution this works great for me ?

I’m thinking on the same lines with the of getting rid of my 4 storey stuff even though it’s good pay but hard work. 

Latest Posts

Back