Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window cleaning in Spain

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RickCrystaClear

Hello all, Just moved to the south of Spain. Would like to know how the pricing is here for traditional cleaning for residential. Will be going after the large homes here. Thanks in advance. 

I didn’t think they had windows in spain ? apart from office buildings, i thought they were all mainly wooden shutters & blinds etc

Hello all, Just moved to the south of Spain. Would like to know how the pricing is here for traditional cleaning for residential. Will be going after the large homes here. Thanks in advance. 

yeh Inchecks probably right. Might get more work off the expats there. Cripes, be bloomin hot work too. Is their water scarcer over there?

I personally wouldn’t think there’s much work to be had there window cleaning. Most of the window’s I’ve seen are fronted by metal railings and shutters which would make access difficult. And people there don’t seem bothered about their cars getting dusty so not sure if they’d be bothered about their window’s; they’re so laid back there!

As for the water being scarce, my old man lives out there and he reckons they have no problem with water shortages as there are so many resovoirs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I personally wouldn’t think there’s much work to be had there window cleaning. Most of the window’s I’ve seen are fronted by metal railings and shutters which would make access difficult. And people there don’t seem bothered about their cars getting dusty so not sure if they’d be bothered about their window’s; they’re so laid back there!

As for the water being scarce, my old man lives out there and he reckons they have no problem with water shortages as there are so many resovoirs.

yey I think your right mate. not so much of the keeping up with the jones's. Too much stress over here over silly things.

Yeah sometimes I think they’ve got life figured out right out there! We live in a rat race over here and always seem to be rushing to meet deadlines of some sort.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sometimes I think they’ve got life figured out right out there! We live in a rat race over here and always seem to be rushing to meet deadlines of some sort.
True. Ive started trying not to accept stress anymore. Anger at the traffic or things I cant do anything about. Wont help a bit and only make life worse. best try and sail through it I guess.

Hi Rik,

Having spent quite a bit of time in Spain and knowing many Spaniards I'd say your only possible market will be British ex-pats (also known as immigrants, although they don't like that :1f603: )  

Over the years, I thought about emigrating many times and starting a window cleaning business out there, but I know most Spaniards really don't care about having clean windows. Mainly because they're just not into all the house proud, keeping up appearances nonsense like us Brits. They're far too busy living and loving life!  

The only window cleaners I see in Spain are traditional cleaners who only seem to do shops and low level commercial premises.

De todas maneras espero que tengas suerte.. :1f609:

Living and working in Spain I can tell you most of the comments are correct. The Spanish are actually house proud and have the attitude of "why waste my money paying someone to do something I can do?". The richer Spanish may actually have a cleaner to keep the house clean but will expect the cleaner to clean the windows. Look for the expats Brits, Germans, Dutch, Russian and as far as the Spanish are concerned commercial work but not the small shops as they have the same mentality as for the house.

Hope that helps.

Back