Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Resin change/brand

Sean murray

Hi everyone. I need to change my resin. I have a 25 liter vessel. Got quoted over €300 for a bag from a company that purely deals in water filtration. This sounds way too much to me. What brand/type is everyone using? And what sort of price are you paying?

Hi everyone. I need to change my resin. I have a 25 liter vessel. Got quoted over €300 for a bag from a company that purely deals in water filtration. This sounds way too much to me. What brand/type is everyone using? And what sort of price are you paying?
Under £100 off sureclean I use tulsion 115. Just looked at my last receipt and it was £92.29 delivered. 

Under £100 off sureclean I use tulsion 115. Just looked at my last receipt and it was £92.29 delivered. 

Thanks wee man. That’s what I thought. This lad tried to tell me that it was poor quality resin and I’d be wasting my money. This is my first refill since buying full vessel. So I am a bit of a novice to this.

Thanks wee man. That’s what I thought. This lad tried to tell me that it was poor quality resin and I’d be wasting my money. This is my first refill since buying full vessel. So I am a bit of a novice to this.
Well my last refill was 15th April and it needs changed now. Mines a 11 litre and i get 3 refills out of a bag. i would say there resin is dead on lol. ( I'm double di and my water is really good at about 33ppm ) 

Buy some Tulsion or Unger resin , the best 2 on the market for high grade resin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Sean,

All premium grade resins are very similar in price and performance and therefore dont be fooled by a salesman. There are slight variations in resin such as the ultra pure nuclear grade resin which will produce 0ppb - parts per Billions (instead of the normal 0ppm - parts per million) this is not normally used in common market place but is still an option if you want, it will however cost approx £200 per 25l bag.

The other variation to watch out for is the lesser quality Tulsion 111 (or equivalent) this is not as good as the Tulsion 115 that most window cleaners use and 111 will not last as long, however consumers will look at the price and think they are getting a really good deal. This product usually sells for approx £80.

Apart from these two variations, all the rest are very similar in price and performance. A bag of commonly used resin like Unger Resin or Tulsion 115 sells for approx £95 so as long as you are paying around that type of money then you will be fine ?

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone for your help. 

Just another quick one.  What is the highest tds reading you would let go through your di? Mine is around 15 - 18 after r/o. Is this too high or is it time to change filters?

Thanks everyone for your help. 

Just another quick one.  What is the highest tds reading you would let go through your di? Mine is around 15 - 18 after r/o. Is this too high or is it time to change filters?
That really depends on what your tds is before the ro. 15 to 18 is fine in my area, because our tap tds is around 530. Mines usually 12 to 16 after ro and before di. If your tap tds is much lower, then 15 to 18 might mean your ro membrane needs replacing, or try the pre filters first. they need regular replacing to preserve the life of the ro membrane. As you can guess, higher tds before di, the sooner the resin will be used up. A good idea is to read up on spruces posts on here about this subject. Sometimes easier to google it and find it that way I find. It still leads you onto posts on this forum.

In Australia, I pay only $64 for enough resin to fill a 25 litre tank. That works out to around 40 pounds. I think the company is called Window Cleaning World, Melbourne, Australia.

Simon

Window Cleaning Perth
That is strange. I thought stuff over there cost a lot more. I know america has cheap petrol and some other better deals than us, but I'd presumed oz was quite pricey.

Not sure where it's made, and, to be honest, I bought bulk a couple of years ago, so the prices might have gone up. I have gone to windowcleaningworld.com and they are much higher now, however still lower than was mentioned earlier.....

Here is the website: www.windowcleaningworld.com

resin.png

Back