Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

ebay tds meters

Ash87

Hi sorry if it been covered, my tds meter has died iv seen them on ebay for £4 but i think iv read they are fake ? or inncacurate does anyone have any idea ? 

im really not fussed about buying one for £15 but not gonna spend if i dont need too.

TIA

I paid for mine off eBay paid something like £7 from a company in Portsmouth.

Don't believe it’s accurate at all as I use a spotless water station which says 0 TDS and my ppm on my meter says 006.

Personally I would only buy something like that from a reputable company , I doubt very much if something that costs £4 is going to be accurate 

Ebay is the biggest money laundering site and it's getting worse. Ebay have the biggest amount of fake goods and the criminals are getting more elusive.

That TDS meter first class post is £3.45. Post from China they pay under 50p. What they are doing now is setting limited companys up here in the UK to claim vat then selling without vat. They now use individuals in the UK  to front their goods.

Have a look at companies house the check the address registered then you will find hundreds of registered companies. 

Ebay is the biggest money laundering site and it's getting worse. Ebay have the biggest amount of fake goods and the criminals are getting more elusive.

That TDS meter first class post is £3.45. Post from China they pay under 50p. What they are doing now is setting limited companys up here in the UK to claim vat then selling without vat. They now use individuals in the UK  to front their goods.

Have a look at companies house the check the address registered then you will find hundreds of registered companies. 

Funny you say that, on eBay it stated Portsmouth and arrived in Chinese packaging.

I've got two meters, one cheap one more expensive.

both read the same 000?

whos got a line on a reputable supply of tds meters I found one does exist? 

cheers i agree, im just bored of spending out this year ? iv pretty much replaced my whole system including van and poles, plus pole upgrades apart from another DI and a bag of resin i cant be needing anything else i hope ?

I have always bought from a reputable supplier and some of them have died over the years, I always try replacement batteries first and no longer leave mine in the shed or van due to the extremities in temperature throughout the year. 

I got an inline one from Gardiner's. Its the only one I could find that was talking about accuracy in the description.

Also, it's Gardiners! If you cant trust them...

For the sake of a tenner for something so important to your livelihood it's just not worth the risk.  Even if it was accurate, why give your money to some scumbag who is ripping off the original brand owner and ripping off the country of taxes.  I'd rather give my money to a reputable company who pays taxes.  

Really we dont need a tds meter to tell us if our water is clean or not, I'm sure we would all manage without them. I go for ages without checking mine, I simply change the resin and filters on a schedule and its always right.

I got my TDS meter free when i bought my storage tank and RO unit 2nd hand from ebay - total bargain price too. Got there and she says "do you have a tds meter?" I says no that i keep meaning to so she gets her son to give me his too (he was giving up). Proper chuffed. No idea of cost but it works well enough. Stick it in a a barrel of spotless and 0ppm. Stick it in a cup of tapwater and it shoots up to around 300ppm.

Used it yesterday to demonstrate to a customer too.. he was totally sold on WFP from that point on.

Really we dont need a tds meter to tell us if our water is clean or not, I'm sure we would all manage without them. I go for ages without checking mine, I simply change the resin and filters on a schedule and its always right.
If you don’t check the TDS on the resin, you could be changing it earlier than necessary, wasting money, so I think a TDS metre is required ?

If you don’t check the TDS on the resin, you could be changing it earlier than necessary, wasting money, so I think a TDS metre is required ?
Maybe he tests his water on his own windows and see how it drys, that's the only way I could see myself not using one but for the sake of a few quid I'd still test also.

could always do both testing methods? 

Latest Posts

Back