Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Ladders Delivered today

WCF

Help Support WCF:

THL4KEL

I had these new Lyte ladders delivered today and where the floor stability bar slots into, it has been damaged in transit.

Do you think bending them back with pliars would fix them or send them back? A screw holds the bar in place.

Supplier said three weeks for a replacement to be sent out....

image.png

Looks like a forklift has hit them. If you are in no rush to use them then its a waiting game for the new set. If you need them right away for a specific job then try and fix them. Tape a cover at the other end so you don't scrape them but still send them back after the job is done. :1f609:

Don’t try straightening them alloy can fracture very easily that ladder is safety equipment it needs replacing you have paid for a new undamaged ladder and that’s what you should get . Is it from midland ladders ???? I had a pair of little giant 5 rung steps from them they arrived damaged and they tried to fob me off about repairing them I said no I want them replaced they said it would take 3 months to get a replacement from America , but as soon as I asked for my money back they miraculously managed to find a set and they were delivered the following day ???? don’t let the company mess you around 

I had these new Lyte ladders delivered today and where the floor stability bar slots into, it has been damaged in transit.

Do you think bending them back with pliars would fix them or send them back? A screw holds the bar in place.

Supplier said three weeks for a replacement to be sent out....

View attachment 17060
once you mess with them you lose your guarantee, best contact them.

Yeah good job I didn't try and fix them as they mentioned it would void the guarantee.

Luckily they picked them up this morning before I left for work. 

Not surprised they got damaged, I gave the delivery guy a lift with them, back to his van parcels were thrown everywhere.

Think it was Tufnel
Doesn't surprise me then, I had a ladder delivered years ago by them the driver was chucking it around in the back of the wagon I had to tell him to go steady with it as I didn't want it damaging it wasn't secured in the back at all and I only noticed weeks later as it was for one big job I had that one of the rungs had a dent in it and I put it down to Tuffnells. 

Back