Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Mark in Frames, Possibly Paint

Master Jedi Alejandro

Premium Member
Morning all,

customer yesterday came out and and asked me about a mark on her frames (picture below). It’s been there since before I started. I assumed it was paint but she insists it’s not, but she’s not sure what it is. When touching it there is no discernible difference from it and the frame. So wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it’s possible to remove it. Customer mentioned she didn’t want to scrape it at risk of scratching the frame itself, which I totally understand. 

Thanks all!

3788DA03-5B46-4FB2-B778-4296B7DD8A8D.jpeg

Morning all,

customer yesterday came out and and asked me about a mark on her frames (picture below). It’s been there since before I started. I assumed it was paint but she insists it’s not, but she’s not sure what it is. When touching it there is no discernible difference from it and the frame. So wondering if anyone knows what it is and if it’s possible to remove it. Customer mentioned she didn’t want to scrape it at risk of scratching the frame itself, which I totally understand. 

Thanks all!

View attachment 17066
Bronze wool would take that off , 

Last edited by a moderator:
Magic sponge and some tar remover for car paintwork should do the trick if you don't have 000 grade bronze wool, but if it's water based fence stain then a magic sponge will take it off in seconds 

Thanks guys, I will give magic sponge and tar remover a go as I don’t fancy using wool just yet. 

Found this on Amazon, thoughts?

100PCS Magic Sponge Eraser Cleaning Melamine Multi-Functional Foam Cleaner Kitchen Accessories https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K8MSR3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tMIkDb5G0X0B3
Personally, I don't see the point of buying so many, the cheaper they are, the faster they break up I would just buy a reasonable amount or pick up some from a cheap supermarket, a word of advise only use them on solid white frames or doors do not use them on coloured frames or composite doors at all as it will damage them

Back