Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Running double di

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

I'm thinking about doing away with my facelift trolley and running double di to fill my tank in the van with pure then just using a pump box. My tds is about 40 so low enough. I'm just wondering if anyone does this and any pros n cons?? 

I'm thinking about doing away with my facelift trolley and running double di to fill my tank in the van with pure then just using a pump box. My tds is about 40 so low enough. I'm just wondering if anyone does this and any pros n cons?? 
I'm double di and I love it, my water about the same as yours and I use under three bags of resin a year.  I have the two 11 litters di's I  the van so I can fill up anywhere though I try and fill up at the same place as the ppm is around the same every time. 

My TDS is 70ish and I run double DI - i run a vessel out of the garden tap and then have another as part of my van system, it works great and I get a lot of pure water from my resin. With your TDS I think it’s the most cost efficient way for sure.

Make sure when your final water TDS starts creeping up you only refill the resin on the first vessel in the chain each time. Then swap the vessels around to maximise resin efficiency  (first vessel with older resin brings TDS down a bit and second vessel with newer resin mops up any impurities that remain ) - you should be getting a lot of pure water for a very good cost given your amazingly low tap TDS  

Last edited by a moderator:
Back