Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waiting on payments

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hyzer373

How long do you guys generally wait before sending a reminder with online payments?

Im waiting on 3 to pay from when I did them Saturday, I’m itching to send a reminder but don’t want to come across too pushy.

I can’t wait til I’m a lot more established as then it won’t bother me so much as I’ll have a bigger income but as my round is only at 57 customers at present (& over half of them are 8 weekly) I want and need those payments, it proper bugs me waiting lol.

Any advice would be much welcomed ?

Last edited by a moderator:
You’ll not come across pushy at all, your doing them the favour , they wanted you clean there windows so only right payment should be made soon as possible, so give it till next day then message thr reminder 

How long do you guys generally wait before sending a reminder with online payments?

Im waiting on 3 to pay from when I did them Saturday, I’m itching to send a reminder but don’t want to come across too pushy.

I can’t wait til I’m a lot more established as then it won’t bother me so much as I’ll have a bigger income but as my round is only at 57 customers at present (& over half of them are 8 weekly) I want and need those payments, it proper bugs me waiting lol.

Any advice would be much welcomed ?
One thing I would say tho, 

get on top of it , less you’ll always have good 20/30% of ur earnings owed  In Constantly 

Online banking , account set up , I could pay somebody with 5presses of the keypad takes under 1min , no reason why shouldn’t be paid straight away ,
People shuffle money around. If money ‘should’ be paid instantly, there wouldn’t be credit cards.

In the many years I’ve been in this industry, I’ve only had to chase the money a handful of times. Some customers leave it and pay double next time, no probs ?

I done one on 28th June.. she's a regular custy (one of my first) and yet this time she's not coughed up. I do state on my invoices that payment is to be made within 7 days. So far nothing which is somewhat odd. She might be ****** with me for not reopening her windows - she told me to push them closed, can't remember if she said to reopen them but I ain't doing that cos then it's me that left them open and liable if she gets burgled.

As much as i need the money I've heard from elsewhere she can be a nightmare when she gets upset so I'd rather just let the windows get dirty to be honest and when the penny drops.. "pay what you owe and i might come back" - she won't find another windy as cheap as me for a property that size so I can kinda risk it.

Anyone who owes me for work done this week, will get a payment reminder Monday evening around 8.30

For some it will be a weeks credit, some just a few days  

you've provided the service, not a favour, remind them its outstanding. 

They are then reminded every week until they pay.  

Reminder after 7 days. This time of year expect people go on holiday sometimes for 2 weeks at a time so during the summer 2 or 3 weeks late doesn’t come as a shock to me.

Its normal to be owed 20% of your round, but everyone has busy lives and you got to understand that, some of my customers pay me 3/4 months late because they are that busy but i know they will pay me cos they are good for it :) On the other hand i have a few customers paying me in advance which helps :D

I never have this problem as they're all on direct debit via gocardless.  No direct debit = no windows cleaned, can't be doing with the hassle.  I'll take cash for old pensioners that are always in or leave the money under a mat but for everybody 70 or under then it's direct debit only.  

I give them a full week and make my cash collection on a Sunday morning, so if they don't want to be woken up get it paid and I'll leave you be haha. I get that people live busier lives than me but part of that stems from being unorganised imo, that and lazy perhaps.

i don't have issues with 95% of my customers, they pay one way or another, sometimes double next time. But there's always a few to chase up so I send a timely reminder text message on the Saturday evening, a few pay up as they forget (same people every time too) the rest get a knock at the door Sunday. 

‘Saturday evening’ and ‘Sunday morning’ ????

I don’t want to be thinking of work either  days of the weekend, time for enjoyment! 

Each to their own I suppose ?

I don’t want to be thinking of work either  days of the weekend, time for enjoyment! 

I never saw a Sunday morning, apart from the early hours, for 20 years. Now I'm getting more mature ?, I do get to see it. I'm not however usually fit enough to drive a vehicle until later.

I have a long weekend every week mate, Sunday is a day where I want the Monday morning to arrive so I can get back out and cleaning. Only takes a hour plus I get to give the van a solid run out.

Still haven’t received any of those owing payments, one house I worked nearly 2 hours on as it was a disgusting filthy first clean, £15 house he owes me £30 as I charged double for first clean, can I do anything about this if he don’t cough up?

I grafted my ass off on that house ?

Still haven’t received any of those owing payments, one house I worked nearly 2 hours on as it was a disgusting filthy first clean, £15 house he owes me £30 as I charged double for first clean, can I do anything about this if he don’t cough up?

I grafted my ass off on that house ?
You had know response from them ? 

Go put them back to the original state haha

Back