Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spotting on the 5th clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I am root beer

Hi all had a new customer now 5 4 weekly cleans ago, signed her up (I have sign up sheets which state that windows may not be perfect until 3rd clean due to trad soap between black seals) I stated this again as she specially had a trad before me

any way very hydrophobic glass and still seeing spots on the glass, TDS fine and rinses 

on full whack on Gardiner backpack.

its a two up two down terrace and thankfully the upstairs are fine but had to re-do the two downstairs windows trad which sucked. Thankfully she was very understanding and was like I’m sure it will be fine next time. I have not had spotting past 3 cleans before.

I know we all get anomaly’s on the job but appreciate any suggestions something I may have skipped over.

the runs are bottom left on the photo not the best photographer 

C258ACBE-BA2F-4851-B4B9-0929B185690B.jpeg

They are running down from the frame above, the water is getting in the gap and running down after you have gone.

Do the top half of the window first and go do the door or something for a few minutes, then go back and stuff a cloth right up in the frame/seal and run it up and down until there is no water left in there. Then clean the bottom half of the window and you'll be spotfree!

Also, be careful when cleaning the top frame of the top half of the window, as water can run down the sides and creep along the mid frame and wait there till you've gone before running down the pane in the bottom half of the window.

If you can reach, run a cloth along the top of the frame after cleaning just to make sure. Or simply dont get above the top frame wet.

Yes as Paul Allen said the dirt is coming out of the middle opening part of the window and running down the lower pain , we do a hotel and the restaurant windows are like this every clean , I do the top pain of glass and frame then do just the glass in the bottom after the top has dried off a bit and no longer have a problem 

Thanks guys.

yes that makes sense feel a bit like a div now, then again this style of windows are not that common in my area this is only one of very few.

a pint on me if ever you guys are in west York’s 

There looks to a runs on the top opener as well, I would be maybe turn down the flow on your backpack and be careful not to get any water on the stone lintel above as this could also be an issue or the issue, old sandstone can degrade and you could be washing bits of sandstone and dirt down onto the glass ?

Back