Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best way to arrange customers and best planner app

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Baldmonkey

Hi guys

was just wondering what was the best way to arrange a customer database, would like to avoid any pitfalls if possible. What is everyones prefered software for planning to, TIA

We don’t use software , just spread sheets , bit old fashioned in this day and age but they cannot freeze , be lost ,no monthly subscriptions, and easily altered by a techno dinosaur like myself ???

Hi guys

was just wondering what was the best way to arrange a customer database, would like to avoid any pitfalls if possible. What is everyones prefered software for planning to, TIA
Same as Pjj, spreadsheets work just fine. I also have a computer list and printout of all my customers addresses, names, price, frequency and contact details.

I'm guessing you're all either 120 years old ??? or the tried and tested method of old school recording is the best way, suits me too, love simple records, thanks guys ?

I'm guessing you're all either 120 years old ??? or the tried and tested method of old school recording is the best way, suits me too, love simple records, thanks guys ?
Lol nah I'm 30 which I still think counts as young ?  Spreadsheets work and work very well so why give away £30  ish every month for a 'modern' method that does exactly the same.  No brainer for me and £300 richer at the end of the year! 

Lol nah I'm 30 which I still think counts as young ?  Spreadsheets work and work very well so why give away £30  ish every month for a 'modern' method that does exactly the same.  No brainer for me and £300 richer at the end of the year! 
I'm with you there, if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it ?

Yup 30 as well. 

I often think of new tech the same way i do tumble dryers and dishwashers, one more commodity that can go wrong or one more thing to pay out for and maintain that isnt really necessary. I’ve managed fine without a dishwasher or tumble dryer saved the cost of the appliances + whatever on electric.

also have a whistling kettle that goes on the hob, will last for life, electric kettles will always need replacing at some point or other you’ll be lucky to see more than 5 years out of one + im covered on the brew sector in the event of a power cut, well, wouldn't have to use a saucepan anyway ? 

dont like the idea of electric hobs or heating either man in a power cut you really would be stuffed. Gas for me all the way. Even if the boiler packs in you can heat water on the hob in an emergency for a shallow bath or whatever. Might take a while but thats how they used to do it! 

Last edited by a moderator:
One day you will all have to change your ways as it’s how society is going, and when they really push for making tax digital etc the days of cash in hand and writing customers and transactions in a book will be numbered.

I use a scheduling App and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. I pay under £10 pm, which is tax deductible anyway. Every customer is recorded, every detail is there, every transaction recorded. Text and email are automatically sent, invoices automatically generated. GoCardless transactions automatically set up. I worked out I save at least 5 hours pm on paperwork and home office stuff which is more than worth the £9.80 I spend on the app. I don’t even have a computer or tablet I do it all on my phone.

One day you will all have to change your ways as it’s how society is going, and when they really push for making tax digital etc the days of cash in hand and writing customers and transactions in a book will be numbered.

I use a scheduling App and it’s the best thing I’ve ever done. I pay under £10 pm, which is tax deductible anyway. Every customer is recorded, every detail is there, every transaction recorded. Text and email are automatically sent, invoices automatically generated. GoCardless transactions automatically set up. I worked out I save at least 5 hours pm on paperwork and home office stuff which is more than worth the £9.80 I spend on the app. I don’t even have a computer or tablet I do it all on my phone.
I don't disagree but the OP asked for names, so what is the name of the App you use?

My preference is Cleaner Planner, I have been using it a few years now and it doesn't take long to get your head around it, yes it's more expensive than others but I've only had minor issues over the years. 

Back