Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help required with this trolley system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Vinnyavfc1988

Just bought a van that came with equipment inside was this trolley reverse osmosis any ideas what there worth as not needed for my di only set up ill be using on it. 

IMG_20190717_125250.jpg

IMG_20190717_125239.jpg

Just bought a van that came with equipment inside was this trolley reverse osmosis any ideas what there worth as not needed for my di only set up ill be using on it. 

View attachment 17099

View attachment 17100

If you want an honest answer - its worth nothing. I'm basing my thoughts on the fact that it looks well used and that the owner just left it in the van. So he must have had a good idea of its worth.

It will need new prefilters and a new membrane. It could aslo need a new housing if its been damaged. Better to buy a new r/o.

The trolley is probably worth more than the r/o.

Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your honesty yeah id imagine all filters will be scrap and need changing. Might keep the trolley instead ?

I would test it out of moz. If the r/o housing is OK as are the prefilter housings you might be able to get a few bids on Ebay if you remove it from the trolley and clean it up. But postage will probably eat up any bid you might get unless it's collection only.

You would need to be very clear in an advert of what you are selling. Someone might claim back from Ebay for being missold as it isn't working, even although you have advertised it as a housing only. It doesn't come with a membrane; you will have to purchase a membrane; this is a Champ 4040 r/o housing only, etc.

I would test it out of moz. If the r/o housing is OK as are the prefilter housings you might be able to get a few bids on Ebay if you remove it from the trolley and clean it up. But postage will probably eat up any bid you might get unless it's collection only.

You would need to be very clear in an advert of what you are selling. Someone might claim back from Ebay for being missold as it isn't working, even although you have advertised it as a housing only. It doesn't come with a membrane; you will have to purchase a membrane; this is a Champ 4040 r/o housing only, etc.
Thanks for your advice spruce. ?

Any 4040 RO membrane will fit. The preferred membrane is the Axeon but the model depends on your water pressure. HF4 for water pressure above 80 odd psi HF5 for anything below. The optimum performance will be with water pressure a lot higher but in my experience the above is satisfactory. A booster pump will make things even better production wise but I’m sure you don’t really want to spend £250 plus on a new membrane and the same again on a booster pump.

Back