Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Preventing dripping on large open inside windows

DeLaCruz

I have a new client who has a difficult to clean 3 story flat - the rear windows are covered with metal bars and client says i can clean them trad from the inside by opening them into the flat - they are large doors that open in. I am worried about possible drips coming off the doors and was thinking of just putting towels down underneat to prevent this - any other sneaky tips for stopping the drips would be appreciated

Make a thick solution thatĀ suspendsĀ on the glass likeā€™polzĀ Ā and bladzā€™minimum drips and putĀ a scrim under the door.Ā 

I do a lot of these nowdays.

It seems to be all the rage with new builds to have door sized windows instead of traditional sized windows.

Even with the applicator under the squeegueeĀ  and a thick soap it is hard not to drip onto floor or carpets so i take dust sheet into these jobs.

Bear in mind if the windows are filthy the water is going to be black dripping off them and another fashion these days is for cream carpets in the bedrooms.

I cut a dust sheet in half and the customers think it is a nice touch that you are being careful around their house.

Don't suppose u could link me to that video please ?
Search polzĀ and bladz on YouTube he has 100s of videos he is the inventor of the liquidator channel watch him and you will learn how to trad quicker and gain plenty of tips.

I personally use a spray bottle and apply the liquid on my damp slightly wet applicator when cleaning internals and the solution stays on the window you get good slip no detailing except the bottom part of the frame but I use a scrim either on the sill or on the floor just in case you get a few droplets.

Done this job twice now - I did use a small bed sheet to catch drips which I found made the whole process much easier. For the dirty outside windows used a garden spray bottle with a mix of unger glass cleaner concentrateĀ and fairy + water (seemsĀ to work well).Ā 

I also used a washing up spongee for tougher stains. The results were great after I used a large skrim cloth to iron out the number plus details I left behind (trad game still work in progress).Ā 

Have aĀ few questions about rubbers that leave a single line detail - is that a defect in the rubber? Do they need to be worn in? Or could be my technique - seems to happen a lot - I am using ettore rubbers fwiwĀ 

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought 10 bath towels when it should have been bath sheets. They were only a fiver each but came in very handy for my PVC cleaning. As for inside, hotwater and unger liquid applied with a hand sponge. I put a few towels down and blade away, seems to be the easiest way. Clearing gutters with the ladder, I sometimes jam a sponge in and push it along and remove the end cap so it all falls into my bucket. For 50p a sponge and a pound a bucket from B&Q must be the best equipment to have lying around in the back of our vans.

If youā€™re getting streaks after using your squeegee check the rubber edge for small nicks and cuts

especially on the ends

Could be technique alsoĀ 

I have a new client who has a difficult to clean 3 story flat - the rear windows are covered with metal bars and client says i can clean them trad from the inside by opening them into the flat - they are large doors that open in. I am worried about possible drips coming off the doors and was thinking of just putting towels down underneat to prevent this - any other sneaky tips for stopping the drips would be appreciated
personally i wouldnt take the job on as the customer needs to be home when i turn up to clean the windows....i suggest you do the same when you get busier.....these sorts of jobs will cause you problems in the future....

you want to just turn up and clean with as least hassle as possible.....DONT TAKE THEM ON IN THE FIRST PLACE!!

Back