Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Auto rewind hose reel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Not really suited for professional work the recoil spring set up doesn’t last long , and have you seen the size of them they are huge , there are much better alternatives out there .
Pjj, did you go for an electric reel after. I know that you were collating info on the one that best suits you/cost etc from the half a dozen or so out there ?

If so, is the one you have chosen proving to be a good choice.

Pjj, did you go for an electric reel after. I know that you were collating info on the one that best suits you/cost etc from the half a dozen or so out there ?

If so, is the one you have chosen proving to be a good choice.

No ime  still deliberating what to get I have seen a couple of the water works reels and like the size of them , but some have said about overrun and hose coming off the side , they are supposed to be bringing out a new version in September I believe ??? So thought I would hang fire at the moment , I don’t want to go and buy the wrong thing and regret it it’s a lot of money between £900-2000 depending which reels you buy I need two initially and probably a further 4 later I want all the same what ever I get 

Not really suited for professional work the recoil spring set up doesn’t last long , and have you seen the size of them they are huge , there are much better alternatives out there .
I broke one whilst cleaning a customers Conny roof last year. It was green and she tried to tell me it was only a few months old, I knocked a tenner off the bill and got out of there sharpish.

No ime  still deliberating what to get I have seen a couple of the water works reels and like the size of them , but some have said about overrun and hose coming off the side , they are supposed to be bringing out a new version in September I believe ??? So thought I would hang fire at the moment , I don’t want to go and buy the wrong thing and regret it it’s a lot of money between £900-2000 depending which reels you buy I need two initially and probably a further 4 later I want all the same what ever I get 
I've got the proloc one, they sell an overspin kit to resolve the problems now. Fitted a cheap £40 clamber reel too this week and genuinely it reels in better than the proloc. I can't imagine having it powered would be any fun at all. That said @RWCleaning said the overspin kit comes as standard now. Waiting to see how he gets on before I decide to invest in the kit or just f**k it off and get another reel all together.

I broke one whilst cleaning a customers Conny roof last year. It was green and she tried to tell me it was only a few months old, I knocked a tenner off the bill and got out of there sharpish.

I've got the proloc one, they sell an overspin kit to resolve the problems now. Fitted a cheap £40 clamber reel too this week and genuinely it reels in better than the proloc. I can't imagine having it powered would be any fun at all. That said @RWCleaning said the overspin kit comes as standard now. Waiting to see how he gets on before I decide to invest in the kit or just f**k it off and get another reel all together.
Yeh the reel is great. I don’t ever want to manual reel up again. 

Looking at the dimensions of both the HD Reel & the ReelMaster they are a very similar in size, unless there is a massive improvement on the waterworks reel I am thinking the PureFreedom ReelMaster looks to be the better option, 

Looking at the dimensions of both the HD Reel & the ReelMaster they are a very similar in size, unless there is a massive improvement on the waterworks reel I am thinking the PureFreedom ReelMaster looks to be the better option, 

Ok that’s intresting I haven’t looked at the actual dimensions the waterworks one looks a lot narrower than the pure freedom one ,that looks well made but big and very bulky 

Just looked up the dimensions , unless Ime missing something the pure freedom reel is around 9 inches wider , ???? . I know it doesnt matter what it looks like it’s how it works but it’s an ugly looking monstrosity too ??

92A79FF3-8A45-4F52-BE6E-815EBE24B767.png

4E3B665C-276D-4FB4-97AC-13D75DF07174.png

Just looked up the dimensions , unless Ime missing something the pure freedom reel is around 9 inches wider , ???? . I know it doesnt matter what it looks like it’s how it works but it’s an ugly looking monstrosity too ??

View attachment 17152

View attachment 17153
Must have got muddled yesterday, but in the manual it says, PowerUPHD dimensions are 500mm x 300mm x 500mm high not a big difference but it would be could to know the exact dimensions, I think to fit an HD reel in my van I would need to screw down some ply board as a base as it has to be level, I need to get my tape measure out once the new reel is out. 

I have two hd reels and I know another windy around here as a PF reel and the PF reel looks bigger than the hd reel to me. 

The overspin is now a thing of the past. 

Once I had the hose jump over the disc pole hose as I’m tubeless (that’s with over 3 years of use)  not a big deal. 

Both reel are well made and both do the same job.

just buy one or the other and you will be amazed how much easier your day is especially with the coming heat forecasted. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I need a new battery later this year, so I may go for the HD Reel with it been cheaper, so I was thinking a battery with twin terminals would be best so the reel is connected all the time then I can unhook the controller for my system and charge the battery overnight ?

I use a 110a two pumps and two reels the reels are permanently connected, I use a smart battery charger which is connected every night battery never been under 12.6.

Latest Posts

Back