Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Spc 4X3 Rubber Question

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mrtaytay

I seem to be having a problem with mt SPC 4X3 rubber at the moment. When I first replace it, it glides across the glass beautifully, without any preasure whatsoever. But after a few houses I find it starts to squeak a bit and doesnt glide so well, occasionally jumping and sticking to the window and sometimes leaving a fine trail of water. It may well be me....or could it be something to do with the higher temperatures?

im not a trad guy, but what i have picked up on this site is that the heat is evaporating the water to quick thats all, nothing to do with the rubbers

Probably is the heat, or not enough detergent in the water so not enough "slip" on the window. Or even not changing the water in your bucket often enough, dirty water doesn't have as much slip in my experience.

Two possible answers to your problem could be to apply your chosen detergent directly to the applicator so that there is a much stronger concentration on the glass, or to try Sorbo Glide which is a "slip" or lubricant which should help the rubber to glide across the glass. There's nothing like a good bit of lubrication. /emoticons/biggrin.png

yes...think I will add a bit more fairy to the mix tomorrow, with less water. It just seems strange how I have never had this problem before. The rubber looks perfect as does the channel.

yes...think I will add a bit more fairy to the mix tomorrow, with less water. It just seems strange how I have never had this problem before. The rubber looks perfect as does the channel.
try ecover sometime, lots of guysuse it and say its alot better than fairy.

Thanks for your advice guys. I tried putting more fairy in the water yesterday and it worked like a dream...loads of slide. Looks like I have been skimping on the fairy a bit too much. I will also try ecover when I next buy a bottle.

Thank you.

Latest Posts

Back