Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reverse osmosis system or not?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Justin1

Hi, 

Am I right that using a pure water filling station eliminates the need for a R/O system in my van? 

And is this a good starter set up or do I need better? ⬇️

D6BD7BA3-820F-4704-B066-194E9BE2D69E.png

Pure water being sold as pure water should be just that bud. No RO or DI needed.

I'd also go for a 20-30 ft pole. I have 20 ft Unger pole for my standard work (two up two down) and a 28 ft Unger pole for my three stories. Anything beyond that - I leave alone.

Pure water being sold as pure water should be just that bud. No RO or DI needed.

I'd also go for a 20-30 ft pole. I have 20 ft Unger pole for my standard work (two up two down) and a 28 ft Unger pole for my three stories. Anything beyond that - I leave alone.
It’s spotless pure water in Manchester 3p a litre seems a good idea to me have you ever used them? So I should be able to not run through a di vessel? 

And the pole I’ve bought a clx 18 and I plan on getting a 28 ft pole with the system

It’s spotless pure water in Manchester 3p a litre seems a good idea to me have you ever used them? So I should be able to not run through a di vessel? 

And the pole I’ve bought a clx 18 and I plan on getting a 28 ft pole with the system
Should be fine then bud. I know there are people online that sell water too. Get a TDS meter - it's a great tool to have.

I purify my own to be honest with you in my back garden.

You must have a quality TDS meter to check that the water you are buying is pure @Justin1. This are available from Gardiners, Daqua, etc.

My advice is to stay away from cheap copies from Ebay. Some work, some don't.

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pure-water-systems/water-treatment/tds-ez-water-quality-test-meter-by-hm-digital.html
Good value that!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had a call from Spotless this morning funnily enough wanting me to try their new pure water installation in Cardiff. Quoted me 3.5p pl . Its too far to travel for me to make it work but its nice to have an option if your system breaks down or something i guess. I use double DI vessels as the TDS water readings are quite low here to start with out of the tap.. 

I use spotless water. I can vouch for them - 0 ppm TDS every time i fill up the barrels. Easy to use filling station too - cut down version of a cash machine makes it a doddle to use.

And yes, you won't need to use a DI vessel. When you get it out of the spotless fill up point it's ready to go - completely filtered, and been through a DI vessel. Just fill up and you're ready to use it. No equipment needed.

With that said, I did find myself buying a used RO system on ebay recently but only cos it came with a 100L storage tank and being sharp eyed I noticed it was actually a 250L tank. The tank was my main reason for buying the RO - i wanted to have emergency storage just in case spotless goes offline for maintenance etc. I still ain't fitted the tap valve to it yet alone found somewhere to actually store it out of the way in the shade.

Should be fine then bud. I know there are people online that sell water too.

There are but i found they charge silly money for delivery - really silly money.

Back