Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

upvc cleaning

Guest ag window cleaning

Guest ag window cleaning

Hi guys

Need your help on priceing a upvc cleaning job they only want there window and door frames doing the house has the following from the front has 2 bay Windows, bathroom, window, hall window. side of the house landing window. Round the back one bedroom window has ot had a conservatrie. I would say £60 what would you say

Hi guys

Need your help on priceing a upvc cleaning job they only want there window and door frames doing the house has the following from the front has 2 bay Windows, bathroom, window, hall window. side of the house landing window. Round the back one bedroom window has ot had a conservatrie. I would say £60 what would you say

I guess my first question is how are you cleaning the upvc. Is the a "proper" clean with upvc cleaner of just a wipe over?

Mentioned there is:

2 bay windows

Bathroom window

Hall window

Landing window

Bedroom window

??? conservatory

Is there a conservatory? I'm not clear if you are saying they have not got one or have.

Is there another bedroom window? can't see there being just one bedroom window.

If there is a conservatory you are at best giving a very fair price and probably undercharging.

You will have to clean all the window glass. This is part of the process. You cannot get the cleaner off the windows without a usual WFP clean.

I would say you are undercharging here.

Cleaning upvc well - the word here is well, is not a quick job. We often do the drain pipes and fascias. They are plastic in many cases. Clean upvc frames and grotty fascia and downpipes looks daft.

Do some upselling.

Cleaning a conservatory roof on its own is usually charged out and paid at £30 for starters. A whole house can come in at a few hundred quid. It might sound a lot but it is not a quick job. Windows might be easy to clean with a pole but you try to get right up to them to hand clean the upvc. Just last week we turned down a £300 upvc job because we would not have been able to do it to our standard and one of the upstairs windows and the far side of part of the conservatory were plain dangerous to do properly (even with a proper conservatory ladder).

• 1 month later...
Guest SafeReach

Hi all.

I have cleaned window upvc window frames with a stiff brush head and a little ciff. Comes up well. No need for ladder I say. Also I have done gutters and facias the same way with great results.

No getting away from cleaning the windows as well though I rekon.

As for pricing I'd charge £20-£25 and hour. Youll have to guess how long it will take you.

Cheers

Oh yeah! You'll need to clean and rinse the windows well after to get the soap off. With a clean brush head and plenty of the pure stuff!

Cheers

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.