Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaned Today Cards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Those cards were so successful that I am getting other cards done. These cards are bigger and say on the back, "I'm the new window cleaner, it will cost £…….. per calendar month to clean your Windows, frames, sills, doors and garage door".

It means the customer knows the Frequency and the Price and what will be cleaned. Will let you know how I get on.

When I was cleaning I designed my business card to have our info on the front then on the back your windows were cleaned on... and amount owed with how to pay. Killed two birds with one stone then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a joiner also so I can fix their gutters, downpipes and generally look over their roof, property when I'm cleaning their windows, a sort of maintenance man. I only do work for my window cleaning customers so I'm the first port of call when they need advice on building work. It must work because I'm run off my feet. :1f609:

I'm a joiner also so I can fix their gutters, downpipes and generally look over their roof, property when I'm cleaning their windows, a sort of maintenance man. I only do work for my window cleaning customers so I'm the first port of call when they need advice on building work. It must work because I'm run off my feet. :1f609:
Yeah I’ve read all about it , how well you do and how much money you make , ?

Looks good , clean simple , I like it ?

I was sitting writing on the back of my cards and I thought "Stuff This". Paid a visit to my website designer and he said he could make them up for 7p a card. So I bought 1,000 of them. I have to quote for a doctor who lives in an expensive place in town. She was quoted £45 a month because of the area, I'll probably quote £35 a month. If I get it, then out come the cards and her neighbours will be on my radar. All my life I have worked for people with little money but not anymore. Its fantastic working for folk with money, makes life so much easier. :1f609:

Maybe you've got this covered already, but it's worth being careful with your business name there.  As I understand, there are rules in place for using a countries' name in a business name.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/incorporation-and-names/annex-a-sensitive-words-and-expressions-or-words-that-could-imply-a-connection-with-government#Scotland

It might not be an issue for you right now, I don't know.  But it's with bearing in mind as you grow.

Screenshot_20190824-133946.png

I'm a sole trader, if I was a ltd company then I would need to register at companies house.

If I continue to grow like I am just now then next year I will be ltd and will need to address this with my accountant and lawyer. My website designer said I should never have used Scottish because no one can find me on google. I should have call my website "Mrpvccleaner.com

I have about 50 domain names ending in .com. I got an email from a blue chip company wanting to buy "LotteryScotland.com" and I asked for a million but they declined my generous offer. I believe its worth 10 million now as per head of population Scotland buys the most tickets. My father was a millionaire but he died 2yrs ago. Only thing he gave me was his money gene and now its kicked in to place, everything seems to be falling into place. This time next year Rodney!!!

Not to pick holes but are these cards for customers on a round you’ve taken over? 

I just cant quite understand the wording “I’m the new window cleaner” if not.

The window cleaner has left and I have gained a few customers. So now I'm the new window cleaner and I will charge x amount per month. I thought it was plain and simple. When I joined the fire brigade they told me this story. They gave a fireman two steel balls and he lost one and broke one.

Ok, I just couldn’t work out if you were using these for customers you had obtained from another source, which from your last post I guess you are? or trying to gain brand new custom with them. Because if it’s the latter, and it’s just my point of view, it comes across like you’re saying you’re the only option by using the word “the” and that may not go down well with, or alienate, some potential customers ??‍♂️

Again its just my point of view and worth what you paid for it.

Also that may be a true story judging by one or two I’ve met.

Ok, I just couldn’t work out if you were using these for customers you had obtained from another source, which from your last post I guess you are? or trying to gain brand new custom with them. Because if it’s the latter, and it’s just my point of view, it comes across like you’re saying you’re the only option by using the word “the” and that may not go down well with, or alienate, some potential customers ??‍♂️

Again its just my point of view and worth what you paid for it.

Also that may be a true story judging by one or two I’ve met.
I am inclined to agree with you, @scottish cleaning service are you just dropping these through letterboxes with a price per clean then following up 1-2 days later, as for a number of reasons this may not go down well, vulnerable people may get confused if some one else has already been door knocking before you and gained some of them. 

Fair point, should have put 'a' instead of 'the'

I have only told half the story. The new housing estate is what we call a 'help to buy estate' so it is full of young new buyers with young children. The houses are built for first time buyers who don't have the time to raise a young family and do household chores.

The card states, For your home it will cost x amount per calendar month.

After reading the card, the client has two choices, Bin it or contact me and discuss it.

I can't make it any simpler than that, if I can then please reply. 

If it were me I would have gone along the lines of “I am a local window cleaner covering your area” or something like that. 

It was just an outside observation, some constructive feedback, hope you didn’t take it the wrong way. 

No not atall. Are you sitting in the station waiting to go home? What happened was the window cleaner health collapsed and he never came back and left his customers in the lurch. So I sat in my van writing those words on the back of my cards then I decided to get the cards made. If there is another window cleaner then he will call me and give me a mouthful, then I will change the 'the' to an 'a' but I would have never have gave it a thought until you raised it. That's what the forum is about, to iron things out and gain knowledge which is priceless. :1f609:

I can understand to a point why you've written that way, as from a marketing perspective it could work in that it flicks a switch in there head and gets them to call you with the words "your window cleaner" 

I have a line which is similar on my website, but of course it's working some what different but it's essentially to hopefully hook people into contacting me. 

Latest Posts

Back