Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

RO Algae build up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've just changed the white down pipe that pure comes out of the RO to. It looked a little discoloured so we cut it open and its green inside. I should probably just tag @doug atkinson and @spruce to see if this is something I should be worried about.

View attachment 17139

View attachment 17140

Yeh my pure pipe after ro is clear, handy to see then. yeh does look bit dodgy mate, then goes to di and that clears it but you'd hope the ro or pre filters would've cleared it.

Yeh my pure pipe after ro is clear, handy to see then. yeh does look bit dodgy mate, then goes to di and that clears it but you'd hope the ro or pre filters would've cleared it.
To be honest I've been running through resin a little faster than usual, only a little. The RO clearly drips down when its turned off. I have a bypass installed to beat the TDS creep and I've started making sure the valve too the resin is closed when its turned off so as not to ruin the resin. That said I run double DI so I can't see that's an issue anyway.

With my booster pump I'm still achieving 96% rejection rate at 60psi too.

To be honest I've been running through resin a little faster than usual, only a little. The RO clearly drips down when its turned off. I have a bypass installed to beat the TDS creep and I've started making sure the valve too the resin is closed when its turned off so as not to ruin the resin. That said I run double DI so I can't see that's an issue anyway.

With my booster pump I'm still achieving 96% rejection rate at 60psi too.
yeh booster pumps great, time factor as well as not so much waste too.

It’s probably just in the clear pipe if it’s exposed to sunlight it will grow algy that’s why most water tanks are black to stop this , if you are worried about it take the end of the ro and have a look at the membrane 

Strange for the algae to occur when your system is in the garage, my pure pipe is blue, so I'd never know and it gets a good amount of light just been in the shed. 

Strange for the algae to occur when your system is in the garage, my pure pipe is blue, so I'd never know and it gets a good amount of light just been in the shed. 

His IBC tank looks OK so I would question light causing this. I've seen an IBC tank outside in the sun and it doesn't look pretty.

It’s probably just in the clear pipe if it’s exposed to sunlight it will grow algy that’s why most water tanks are black to stop this , if you are worried about it take the end of the ro and have a look at the membrane 
As @Iron Giant says it is in the garage and as @spruce pointed out the IBC is good. I still think you might have cracked it though, looking at the pipe we removed it got clearer the closer to the floor it went. Above the IBC is a fluorescent light that is constantly on, a quick Google tells me fluorescent lights cause algae growth in fish tanks so this seems the obvious problem?

Could it be the sediment filters had it possibly?
Sediment is changed every 25k litres religiously, carbon every 75k as per manufacturer recommendations.

As @Iron Giant says it is in the garage and as @spruce pointed out the IBC is good. I still think you might have cracked it though, looking at the pipe we removed it got clearer the closer to the floor it went. Above the IBC is a fluorescent light that is constantly on, a quick Google tells me fluorescent lights cause algae growth in fish tanks so this seems the obvious problem?

Sediment is changed every 25k litres religiously, carbon every 75k as per manufacturer recommendations.
Is that just a standard light tube, you have in your garage? why is it always on do you have a little worker in there 24 hours a day  ?

Is that just a standard light tube, you have in your garage? why is it always on do you have a little worker in there 24 hours a day  ?
Yeah there's a bunch of Mexicans and a sweat shop running 24 hours a day haha.

It's just a 3ft fluorescent tube light. The starters a little dodgy on it so I just leave it on, can't even think where I would buy a replacement starter these days ?

Yeah there's a bunch of Mexicans and a sweat shop running 24 hours a day haha.

It's just a 3ft fluorescent tube light. The starters a little dodgy on it so I just leave it on, can't even think where I would buy a replacement starter these days ?
Though it might be one of the kids ?

@spruce will have some in his garage or know where to buy one from. ?

Back