Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What length pole?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Apm window cleaning

Hi

ive been asked if I can do 3 storey houses, now there are a few of them around here but my 17 ft pole isn’t going to cut it. Can I ask what length you would advise for a 3 story.

many thanks 

This would also depend if the top floor windows are set back in the roof, if they aren't and it's a relatively modern building then a 25' should reach. Can you not just go along and see how far below the 18' is and judge from there. Going to feel a bit silly turning up with your brand new £300 pole and it doesn't reach ?

Part timers right. We have a 35 ft pole that will reach the glass on most but i’ve found with most town houses or 3 storey houses id rather make it a booking and a call out charge, go inside the rooms and open the top windows to do a decent job of cleaning the sills.

First cleans can be a pita. juliet windows are often involved as well with those metal bars or glass balcony things so those you may as well go inside and open them from the room and trad them.

I’m no longer interested in doing a town house or 3 storey house for less than £65 and a specific booking so the customer can be in to let me open the upper windows, as they’re not exactly designed for the convenience of the window cleaner and you need more expensive poles to reach the glass on top floors combined with going inside with trad gear.

Dont need to be doing it on a round certainly and not ideal on a rainy day either most of these houses people seem to have cream carpets and whitewashed bedding and walls. I’ve had one or two on rounds and regretted it. 

Make sure customer moves all beds tvs and stuff off window sills and if theres cream carpets everywhere may as well take slippers & roll your trousers up to the knees is what i do.

Back