Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

25mm corrugated pond hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gasket

I’ve brought 25mm corrugated pond hose to transfer from bulk tank to van tank, are there any connectors to save me standing there holding the hose , plus I don’t want to have to keep taking the Tank lid off. I have tried and inline barbed hose connector but there are far too tight to easily connect and unconnect. 

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
When the tank is filling there is a fair amount of weight to the hose with water passing through, I had considered drilling a hole in the top of my tank and fitting a brass barbed fitting, but the hose would have to be pushed on tight and may not eaisly come back off without a struggle, so I scrapped this idea incase it became a hassle or I flooded the van, if it wasn't pushed far enough on

I fill mine through the lid opening, hose in tank about 10" or so, then place lid on hose then a partially filled 25ltr container on top to weigh it down when the tank is almost full I turn off the pump and drain the water left in the hose into the container then pour the water in the tank, I use about 30m of hose so it's around 20ltrs of water left in the hose. 

Back