Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Solutions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

G

Hello,

My family have recently bought into half a run and I'm now in the role of marketing and running the business. We've just invested in some Gardiner backpack kits. I was just wondering if anyone could recommond the best cleaning solution to input into the water? Or while I'm here, any advice yous could share for the backpack systems would be excellent, or improving the run at all. New into the idustry and really want to make it work.

Thanks,
Craig.

With water fed pole (WFP) cleaning we use purified water with no cleaning solution added, scrub and rinse.... if its a really bad clean there are a few things you can spray on the frames etc but generally pure water is all that is needed. 

Being totally new and asking this question I would expect you would benefit from a good youtube session - green pro clean has alot of good videos especially for the basics on how to clean with WFP system, pretty sure there is a start up guide either on forums or the blog if preferring it in text. EVERYTHING I have learnt to do with window cleaning and the add-ons have come from youtube or this forums so definitely enough information around to get you up to speed. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSQ9VL4EeZOBX3vgEQe5pIA videos are in a bit of a jumbled order but if you scroll you should find some of the beginner type questions answered and imo worth watching most of them just for random bits of advice you never knew you needed

Back pack system is very simple - fill with pure water, turn on and clean the window, turn off pack up and go to next job :D decent pole and brush helps alot the backpack is really just a pump... best advice I can give would be as soon as possible move to something van mounted so you dont have to mess with the 25L bottles all day every day.

If possible might be a good idea to speak to whoever sold family the work and see if they can give you pointers or even get them to show you a couple of cleans to learn the basics. 

Will,

Thanks! Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. I'll take on your advice, go through the youtube videos and the posts on this forum.

Craig.

Latest Posts

Back