Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Invasion of the spiders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

yeh, was thinking today, how crazy it seems on some houses. Only washed them a month ago in some cases ( frames too of course) And then go back, and they are literally covered in webbing etc as if they'd not been done in years! often its more the sills need doing rather than the windows. Watch out, i think some of them were those false widow poisonous ones. someone round here got bit and was quite ill. Mind you, its the hornets scare me the most. not seen too many as yet. worse in the autumn when the queen ones come out. they look near twice the size of the workers. I do a two minute mile when they buzz me, must look quite comical, equipment etc going flying etc ?

Yeah i’ve noticed a lot of spiders and webs. The muc of claw hooked end is very good at removing cobwebs from tight corners. 

I cleaned a conservatory the other day and 10 minutes after id finished i saw 3 big spiders and half a dozen small ones shuffling up the patio doors, it’s almost as if they were watching me the whole time like an organised mafia gang “right come on lads! He’s finished lets get back to our homes ?” 

i just left them to it, you’ll never stop em. They’ve gotta live somewhere ?‍♂️

I posted last week that I'd just done a big job in Cambridge and the windows were covered in webs. 
thats right I remember. maybe its an east anglian thing. As its in the sticks they're more prolific. Honest mate, it seems more graft doing the sills lately. Good thing about winter, they mostly dissapear

Yeah i’ve noticed a lot of spiders and webs. The muc of claw hooked end is very good at removing cobwebs from tight corners. 

I cleaned a conservatory the other day and 10 minutes after id finished i saw 3 big spiders and half a dozen small ones shuffling up the patio doors, it’s almost as if they were watching me the whole time like an organised mafia gang “right come on lads! He’s finished lets get back to our homes ?” 

i just left them to it, you’ll never stop em. They’ve gotta live somewhere ?‍♂️
Yes, and I never intentionally kill em. keep us in work too i guess

Yeah mate best to respect every living thing. I take an exception to flies and ants in the house though i cant be having that. Just had a thousand ants take over our porch and start flying, they had to go im afraid. And flies get the zapper racket as they spread germs ?

spiders are good friends to have against flies

Yeah mate best to respect every living thing. I take an exception to flies and ants in the house though i cant be having that. Just had a thousand ants take over our porch and start flying, they had to go im afraid. And flies get the zapper racket as they spread germs ?

yeh agree. is a ***** trying to clean when those swarms come out. You dont know where they are, you can be stood in one as they are swarming, and get savaged. 

I don't mind letting spiders live but the false widows get an instant splat job. 

As for ants I can live with them and they're easy to get rid of - they like sugar. Chuck a couple of table spoons of sugar outside and they'll vanish overnight. 

Back