Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do All Window Cleaners Pay Tax?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

buzzing

I wondered if all window cleaners paid tax and were some claiming the dole while doing the job? If this is the case could the tax man or job centre police use a photo of you face on (in a flyer) as evidence that you are working or would it be wise for the person making their flyer not to put a photo of themselves on the flyer at all? Or perhaps have the photo with them working from behind so their face isn't seen on the flyer?

anyone that works should declare all money that is taken. be it cash, cheques or bacs. and therefore should pay tax on it.

but we all know that in every job out there there alot of people out there dont do this.

anyone on the dole should be filling out a form declaring what they have been paid, in this isnt done then this could lead to court procedings.

pictures on flyer can be used as evidence, but being a window cleaner you are out in the open all the time and if anyone that knows you are cheating on the benifits can report you and then they can investagate you, working in full view of people this is easy to get photograpic evidence too! if they see you with a tool in your hand workin at someone else house, thats all they need. and you could loose all benifit and have to pay back anything that you owe to them!

but saying all that there are people out there that pay all there taxes, do it all by the books, and still take the odd 1 or 2 cash in hand jobs!

if you are on the dole, and not declaring what money you take, i wouldnt even think about any picture on the flyer!!

talk to the dole office and make sure you do it the right way, you are allowed a certain amount of hours that you can work and amount of money you can eran before it effects the dole money

anyone that works should declare all money that is taken. be it cash, cheques or bacs. and therefore should pay tax on it.

but we all know that in every job out there there alot of people out there dont do this.

anyone on the dole should be filling out a form declaring what they have been paid, in this isnt done then this could lead to court procedings.

pictures on flyer can be used as evidence, but being a window cleaner you are out in the open all the time and if anyone that knows you are cheating on the benifits can report you and then they can investagate you, working in full view of people this is easy to get photograpic evidence too! if they see you with a tool in your hand workin at someone else house, thats all they need. and you could loose all benifit and have to pay back anything that you owe to them!

but saying all that there are people out there that pay all there taxes, do it all by the books, and still take the odd 1 or 2 cash in hand jobs!
Theres ways round that, You can claim benefits and still work. If your not earning enough money the dole will top this up, so you can work while being on benefits. Just one of the money ways round it. The system is flawed

I wondered if all window cleaners paid tax and were some claiming the dole while doing the job? If this is the case could the tax man or job centre police use a photo of you face on (in a flyer) as evidence that you are working or would it be wise for the person making their flyer not to put a photo of themselves on the flyer at all? Or perhaps have the photo with them working from behind so their face isn't seen on the flyer?
I'm guessing your in the dole ???

Theres ways round that, You can claim benefits and still work. If your not earning enough money the dole will top this up, so you can work while being on benefits. Just one of the money ways round it. The system is flawed
thats what i put in my 2nd post

.... or would it be wise for the person making their flyer not to put a photo of themselves on the flyer at all? Or perhaps have the photo with them working from behind so their face isn't seen on the flyer?
You seem like a person who is wanting to window clean and yet not pay tax.

Your language suggests that.

Your language suggests that.
Doesn't it just! If you make money, you pay tax. There's ways to minimise your tax liability and there are a few loopholes but honesty is the best policy.

Unless you're an MP then the laws no longer apply to you.

Doesn't it just! If you make money, you pay tax. There's ways to minimise your tax liability and there are a few loopholes but honesty is the best policy.

Unless you're an MP then the laws no longer apply to you.
Very true!

Just go self employed and do it your own way mate if your so bothered /emoticons/tongue.png

Its headache going to the jobcentre and signing on /emoticons/tongue.png

Lol

So you want us tax payers to pay your dole money? Lol..

I think you can work up to 16 hours and still claim job seekers? Or some sort of benefit..

Get the idea out of your head if this is what your thinking. Relying on dole money won't get your business or life anywhere. For all you get from the miserable mo fos anyway

If your starting out go ask the job centre.

When your profits hit 8,100 then you will need to pay your taxes!

National insurance is only £2.50 a week, and if you don't earn £5k you don't have to pay if you don't want to.

Nah not on the dole, am working in the afternoons and wanted to do this in the mornings. Starting out. I was just curious and also you never know what life will throw at you- could end up on there in the future. Also when starting out, don't know about tax as well.

I am betting some people declare to the dole office that they are working, but no where near as much as they really are, but by doing this -claiming to earn £20 a week they get the jobcentre off their back, because if they are followed and photographed they can just claim it was their once weekly job and their £20 a week salary lol! really they are earning lots more and claiming I bet.

Who will give you a mortgage earning £20 a week and on the brew? No finance on cars, etc etc.. It's a waste of time. See the government just throw money out at people, so it's their fault really. That's why half of Britain is sitting on their hole cod they can get free money, free rent, free bloody most things that tax payers have to pay for out of their hard earned cash. But their lives ain't going anywhere so fair play to them.

But y don't you go and ask them for a loan or grant to get kitted out? Go on a business course and find out all you need about taxes and book keeping?

So you want us tax payers to pay your dole money? Lol..

I think you can work up to 16 hours and still claim job seekers? Or some sort of benefit..

Get the idea out of your head if this is what your thinking. Relying on dole money won't get your business or life anywhere. For all you get from the miserable mo fos anyway

If your starting out go ask the job centre.

When your profits hit 8,100 then you will need to pay your taxes!

National insurance is only £2.50 a week, and if you don't earn £5k you don't have to pay if you don't want to.
You can work 16 hours and get a good part of your rent/council tax paid. You will also get tax credits. depending on your wage.

Lets face it its going on all around us. Every other window cleaner you see is at it. Its one of those jobs like minicabbing and parcel delivery. Its like saying do you think that all those cars with ladders on the roofracks have business use car insurance?

do you think that all those cars with ladders on the roofracks have business use car insurance?
i bet 99% of them dont!!!

if they havent and have a accedent and it proven that the car is used for business, the insurance is voild

i bet 99% of them dont!!!

if they havent and have a accedent and it proven that the car is used for business, the insurance is voild
The insurance is only void on their own car, the insurers will still pay damages to any other party involved as an RTA insurer.

Latest Posts

Back