Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Peeky Blinders theme, Newnarket races.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

Yay, should be fun, we got oufits to suit and going saturday. Just wondered, Ive done lots of bets at the bookies before, but this my first visit to the track. Any of you know can you sneek in a hip flask? dunno how strict they are and i didnt fancy the idea of long queues to drink. I def have a few on the journey up there. Prob theres loads of bars so the queues aint so bad?? Either way, Im a gonna get tipsy ?

ks789 said:
Yay, should be fun, we got oufits to suit and going saturday. Just wondered, Ive done lots of bets at the bookies before, but this my first visit to the track. Any of you know can you sneek in a hip flask? dunno how strict they are and i didnt fancy the idea of long queues to drink. I def have a few on the journey up there. Prob theres loads of bars so the queues aint so bad?? Either way, Im a gonna get tipsy ?
( newMarket I meant )

There's about 7 bars on the high street, about a 15 minute walk from the racecourse entrance. The place will be fairly busy and I'm led to believe they are very sharp eyed looking for people sneaking drink in. Never actually been in on a raceday so can't help you about bars inside.

Not been to newmarket races, but been to Ascot, Kempton, Sandown and Lingfeild races.

My local pub often arranged coach trips to the races and it’s a great day out.

Forget the hip flask, get your wallet out and enjoy yourself ?

Not been to newmarket races, but been to Ascot, Kempton, Sandown and Lingfeild races.

My local pub often arranged coach trips to the races and it’s a great day out.

Forget the hip flask, get your wallet out and enjoy yourself ?
yeh for sure, like i said tho, cant handle long queues. Gonna have a bit on the drive up there (as im not driving). Gonna be a right crack as we've all got outfits to get into the theme. winning a bet would be a bonus but its just gonna be great ??  no 1920s gear on there but this tuxedo will do lol ? ah just spotted horserider?

How did it go then.
 It was a great day out. Although was busy my fears were unfounded about massive drink queues as there were so many bars there. Bit pricier than usual but was worth it, used to that in my town anyway as we pay extra as its a tourist hotspot.

Didnt win as I did my usual mistake and doubled and trebled instead of doing single bets. but most were dressed the part and was great fun. 

Back