Camberley Window Cleaning

I just started window cleaning (WFP)

MCWC
Just now, wezza13 said:

I carry a nice, clean pair of trainers that I use for interiors.

Oh clever nice pair of waterproof for outside and clean shoes for inside 

So shopping list for the weekend then trad gear step shoes and resin

Lost always seems to find a way to grow doesn't it

wezza13
Just now, MCWC said:

Oh clever nice pair of waterproof for outside and clean shoes for inside 

So shopping list for the weekend then trad gear step shoes and resin

Lost always seems to find a way to grow doesn't it

It certainly does! 🙂

Tango
15 hours ago, wezza13 said:

I carry a nice, clean pair of trainers that I use for interiors.

I just bought some disposable shoe covers from ebay. They just slip right over the footware and mean you can go inside with minimal fuss. They're also handy on the trolley wheels too...

mike007
8 hours ago, Tango said:

I just bought some disposable shoe covers from ebay. They just slip right over the footware and mean you can go inside with minimal fuss. They're also handy on the trolley wheels too...

I have disposables too....never thought of using on the trolley wheels....GENIUS!

wezza13
12 hours ago, Tango said:

I used to use those but they can (and do) split sometimes. Wouldn't want that to happen on a nice white carpet!

MCWC

Is there any particular brand of resin I should go for or are they all pretty much the same I see the most popular are tulson and unger

Tried to call my local supplier but they don't do weekends apparently shame wanted to get sorted today

dmw
1 hour ago, MCWC said:

Is there any particular brand of resin I should go for or are they all pretty much the same I see the most popular are tulson and unger

Tried to call my local supplier but they don't do weekends apparently shame wanted to get sorted today

Tulsion MB 115. is what seems to be the most popular and long lasting, just make sure you go to a reputable supplier like Daqua or Gardiner's as there are a few  dodgy suppliers selling inferior resin as Tulsion.

MCWC

My wife has suggested a method of potentially boosting growth 

She has suggested that I give a free clean to someone who has provided 2/3 referrals she said if only 10 customers do it then that's an extra 20/30 customers and if tonly 10/ do it again out of that then that's another 20/30 customers with those numbers that would be great as I'm still using the family bus to transport my equipment to and from work places but as I still work full time and the dark nights will be rolling in quickly then I fear I wouldn't manage to get to do the work but also want to grow as quickly as reasonably possible so I can rely. On window cleaning to pay the bills and do it full time

What do you think is it a good idea especially as reading over the forum that this tie of year is usually a slow period of growth and spring a d summer are quicker I was hoping if I had enough to cover what I earn now over wi ter then when spring and summer time comes I could start trimming the work and only take the jobs that's worth it instead of taking any at the min

TIA guys

Skxawng
35 minutes ago, MCWC said:

My wife has suggested a method of potentially boosting growth 

She has suggested that I give a free clean to someone who has provided 2/3 referrals she said if only 10 customers do it then that's an extra 20/30 customers and if tonly 10/ do it again out of that then that's another 20/30 customers with those numbers that would be great as I'm still using the family bus to transport my equipment to and from work places but as I still work full time and the dark nights will be rolling in quickly then I fear I wouldn't manage to get to do the work but also want to grow as quickly as reasonably possible so I can rely. On window cleaning to pay the bills and do it full time

What do you think is it a good idea especially as reading over the forum that this tie of year is usually a slow period of growth and spring a d summer are quicker I was hoping if I had enough to cover what I earn now over wi ter then when spring and summer time comes I could start trimming the work and only take the jobs that's worth it instead of taking any at the min

TIA guys

If you've got time on your hands at the moment then whatever gets you customers is fine. A free clean for 2 referrals (could do 1/2 price for 1?) Is cheap for a new customer compared to buying work or even lead generation. Or another way of looking at it is 15 mins work (or however long it takes) for 2 new customers.

This is better than the other way which is giving new customers a free first clean, as that's the most difficult. The free clean is a regular maintenance clean which is fast but you can still charge extra for the first clean on the new customer.

Once you are full and don't need the work then knock the free cleans on the head though.

MCWC
37 minutes ago, Skxawng said:

Once you are full and don't need the work then knock the free cleans on the head though.

Yea I was. Thinking of testing the water in November with this one as I was having a competition on Facebook for a Halloween hamper to get more likes and shares on the page which has worked to some extent but not much work came from it

But I may start this week with it u know the sooner the better and end it at the end of November maybe

Pane

Id personally be very dubious about "giving cleans away".Its a business for a reason.Work out how much FREE cleans'll cost you,then decide..A discount,fair enough maybe..

E.G..Initial clean say £20 then £15 after that...as there's a reason for doing so.Helps to encourage Client base interest mate.

MCWC

I was thinking that too was really. On the fense about doing it to be honest but I was thinking a small short term loss for a long term gain

Was thinking t&cs was that people had to sign up to regular cleans to qualify to safeguard against just gett a one and done then be back to square one and then was also thinking we'll if I'm doing as good a job as I think I am then I should be converting those ones anyway really need to think but I believe there is merit in the idea 

Tango
On 12/10/2019 at 08:06, mike007 said:

I have disposables too....never thought of using on the trolley wheels....GENIUS!

Heh, one of the perks of being desperate is you come up with a lot of problem solves in unusual ways lol.

I figured carrying a trolley weighing 30kg through someones house wasn't practical.. but neither was leaving marks from the wheels all over the carpet. Whats good for the shoe is good for the wheel..

Pane

Hey Tango.Dont forget the trolley on wheels might weigh 30 kgs...then upto 50 kgs of Pure Water inside..thats nearly 80 (even) kgs mate!...

As long as youve got an extended water line,to go via someones house.Should be ok.

Edited by Pane

Pjj
11 hours ago, Tango said:

Heh, one of the perks of being desperate is you come up with a lot of problem solves in unusual ways lol.

I figured carrying a trolley weighing 30kg through someones house wasn't practical.. but neither was leaving marks from the wheels all over the carpet. Whats good for the shoe is good for the wheel..

would it not be easier to take the hose through the house and leave the trolley out the front that’s what I did years ago , don’t do that type of work any more though but if starting out that’s how I would do it 

Pane

Thats excatly what i implied pjj...An extended water line via the clients house...

Pjj,if you dont do that type of work anymore,what type do you do then ?.

Pjj
2 hours ago, Pane said:

Thats excatly what i implied pjj...An extended water line via the clients house...

Pjj,if you dont do that type of work anymore,what type do you do then ?.

we won’t go through customers houses to access the backs , most where I am are semis or detached so not generally a problem , if doing rows of terraced houses we only do the fronts , I find it to time consuming and the customer needs to be in so we won’t do them any more 

Davit
22 hours ago, MCWC said:

Was thinking t&cs was that people had to sign up to regular cleans to qualify to safeguard against just gett a one and done then be back to square one

You might struggle to get folks to agree to any sort of terms & conditions... Especially those "off the grid" kind of customers who only pay by cash and you don't even know their name 😂

Pjj

Evan if they agree to it try enforcing it it’s never worth the hassle and would cost a fortune 

Pane
36 minutes ago, Pjj said:

we won’t go through customers houses to access the backs , most where I am are semis or detached so not generally a problem , if doing rows of terraced houses we only do the fronts , I find it to time consuming and the customer needs to be in so we won’t do them any more 

Fair play Pjj.Unfortunately,theres quite a few of them about.As you say,just the front,if at all.