Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rookie trying to connect a Whirlaway to quick release hose

SureShot

I've bought an 18" Whirlaway but the quick release on the end of the PW hose and the inlet on the Whirlaway don't match up so I can't connect one to the other.. looks like I need an coupler to or something.. any ideas? The fourth picture is conenction that came with the Whirlaway.

Cheers

20190804_124121.jpg

20190804_124134.jpg

20190804_124034.jpg

20190804_124240.jpg

No mate, double check with Ben Mariot. You can't buy off Dual Pumps they only supply trade suppliers i.e - Rutland Pumps.

All you need to do is screw the piece in the last picture into the first picture removing the end brass connector if that makes sense , you don’t need any other bits 

All you need to do is screw the piece in the last picture into the first picture removing the end brass connector if that makes sense , you don’t need any other bits 
I actually did think that and gave it a go but the brass connector wouldn't budge, the whole thing was starting to twist so being none the wiser I thought just leave it incase I wreck it. I would need an M22 in there to allow the hose to swivel though would I not?

I actually did think that and gave it a go but the brass connector wouldn't budge, the whole thing was starting to twist so being none the wiser I thought just leave it incase I wreck it. I would need an M22 in there to allow the hose to swivel though would I not?
In your first picture the nut end nearest the plastic handle put a spanner on it and put another spanner on the nut end furthest away from the plastic handle and undo that bottom fitting take that out then screw the new fitting into it , obviously put ptfe tape on it first 

itvwill then look like this 

522398F5-E39B-4B01-9376-3086B7A6B1D3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
In your first picture the nut end nearest the plastic handle put a spanner on it and put another spanner on the nut end furthest away from the plastic handle and undo that bottom fitting take that out then screw the new fitting into it , obviously put ptfe tape on it first 

itvwill then look like this 

View attachment 17255
I will do that, makes perfect sense now, thanks PJJ

Whats wrong with ptfe used it for years never had a problem??? 
I was advised never to use PTFE on high pressure fittings as it can cause splits in the fittings.

All of my commercially purchased pressure washer fittings use dowty washers and thread lock so there must be something in that. 

@SureShot

All parts are available for peanuts on eBay, fitting dowty washers are very simple, they are just metal washers with a rubber insert that compresses and does most of the sealing, the thread lock is the blue liquid  that you run a bead along the thread before tightening, it seals the threads so you don’t get leaks.

I use red Loctite 577 on my fittings. When I want to unscrew my fittings then I have to use a heat gun or a hot hairdryer to heat the fitting up, only then will the sealant return to a liquid form. I can't unscrew the fitting without applying the heat and the hotter the easier it is to unscrew. We always use Rutland Pumps because of their aftersales which is ideal for a newbie starting out.

Back