Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat Plastic roof builders clean

WCF

Help Support WCF:

DeLaCruz

Roof is made is Sarnafel plastic - is covered with a dusty residue that is from building sites - it’s light brown / white  patches. This property is close to the coast. Covered in leaves and debri that I swept off with my brush. 

I then used a weak ubik solution (was a bit nervous about the plastics reaction to the ubik so did a test patch and seemed okay) - then wetted / scrubbed / wfp rinsed /hosed off four roof sections and when they dried off in the sun with lots of patches of brown / white were still visible. 

I think the lack of good rinsing on the flat roof may have left residue.

The residue seems to come off pretty easily (wiped a patch with my finger and it came off).

With the flat roofs what’s the best approach without roof access since the water from the pole doesn’t rinse the residue off well, or from the hose pipe (tried spraying aswell) 

Would like to hear approaches for both these : 

1) Roof can’t be stood on to clean 

2) Roof can be stood on to clean 

just so I can tackle these correctly in the future - thanks in advance as always 

87F4E793-E278-42BC-88EE-B8649E6F1B23.jpeg

51AB0402-2D36-436F-95B1-E9697E7B639E.jpeg

23C60205-868F-49E6-A1DB-7E9E00D5A19D.jpeg

8F125377-6AAD-4118-8B79-8F74077C2DBE.jpeg

B9E8BB3C-C195-4B85-B274-EF4B77566BD2.jpeg

642A5E29-C5B2-440D-AF1C-B2FAA63176B5.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Roof is made is Sarnafel plastic - is covered with a dusty residue that is from building sites - it’s light brown / white  patches. This property is close to the coast. Covered in leaves and debri that I swept off with my brush. 

I then used a weak ubik solution (was a bit nervous about the plastics reaction to the ubik so did a test patch and seemed okay) - then wetted / scrubbed / wfp rinsed /hosed off four roof sections and when they dried off in the sun with lots of patches of brown / white were still visible. 

I think the lack of good rinsing on the flat roof may have left residue.

The residue seems to come off pretty easily (wiped a patch with my finger and it came off).

With the flat roofs what’s the best approach without roof access since the water from the pole doesn’t rinse the residue off well, or from the hose pipe (tried spraying aswell) 

Would like to hear approaches for both these : 

1) Roof can’t be stood on to clean 

2) Roof can be stood on to clean 

just so I can tackle these correctly in the future - thanks in advance as always 

View attachment 17268

View attachment 17269

View attachment 17270

View attachment 17271

View attachment 17272

View attachment 17273

Im not sure mate as havent come across job like that yet. But, myself, would be inclined to say I couldnt do it. I know, its not nice to turn down and all that, But just seems a sod. Maybe some on here will have a good solution though, good luck ?

Gotta do it mate - huge client and always a way so gotta find a way haha ? 

I would wet it up with a Virosol mix scrub with wfp and rinse with the garden hose , that roof has virtual fsll on it si water will not run off well , I would squeegee it off with squeegee on a pole to remove the excess water 
Thats it i reckon, squeegee on a pole job.

Is it possible to use the fall of the roof as a way to get the water flowing from front to back and then just use a WFP till water runs clear. Might use a lot of water and need 2 people to do it though.
Yeah I tried that but the flow wasn’t strong enough to rinse off effectively- gonna get the squeegee / pole and wipe it off as @Pjj suggested - I’ll post results next week when I get it done after this mega storm blows through 

Latest Posts

Back