Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Studio arts web design

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dragbag

Has anyone had experience with a studio arts web design,? And can someone offer an alternative if possible. 

They seem to do a fair few window cleaning sites. But they look fairly similar to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to web design, it's important to find a company that understands your specific needs and can create a unique, professional-looking website that reflects your brand and sets you apart from your competitors.

When it comes to web design, it's important to find a company that understands your specific needs and can create a unique, professional-looking website that reflects your brand and sets you apart from your competitors.
Design matters but the most important thing is getting involved with the actual content and adding some value to it and not having just another bog standard, generic site that is nothing more than self promotion. That sets you apart and gets you ahead in the rankings.

Design matters but the most important thing is getting involved with the actual content and adding some value to it and not having just another bog standard, generic site that is nothing more than self promotion. That sets you apart and gets you ahead in the rankings.
Surely that's the purpose of a website? mine certainly is as is my FB page and Google biz page I do review my content on my site but SEO is way over my head I should really go through some Yoast tutorials but I rank No.1 on the first page of Google and have done for over 10 years so I just think why bother

They look pretty decent sites and the pricing is competitive too. They also offer CMS access to the site so thats good. Most don't so its a pain in the bum if you want to add anything or change something.

They look pretty decent sites and the pricing is competitive too. They also offer CMS access to the site so thats good. Most don't so its a pain in the bum if you want to add anything or change something.
I don't what site you found but I only got one hit and the site wouldn't load properly, looking at that site it was outdated and looked basic,

with any website builder IMHO you need to have trust in them you are giving them login details and access to an important part of your business not something I'd give to just anyone

I don't what site you found but I only got one hit and the site wouldn't load properly, looking at that site it was outdated and looked basic,

with any website builder IMHO you need to have trust in them you are giving them login details and access to an important part of your business not something I'd give to just anyone
Window cleaning website portfolio | Clients websites then you can view more websites...

They all loaded up pretty fast and look ok for the price. Nothing spectacular but not too bad. Basic online presence and run of the mill sites.

Window cleaning website portfolio | Clients websites then you can view more websites...

They all loaded up pretty fast and look ok for the price. Nothing spectacular but not too bad. Basic online presence and run of the mill sites.
Yeah that was the one I found it uploaded via your link but not for me via Google, what I said earlier still stands though and as you said basic, not something I'd part with my money for, those sites might be a few years old now with old themes so that makes them look dated

Surely that's the purpose of a website? mine certainly is as is my FB page and Google biz page I do review my content on my site but SEO is way over my head I should really go through some Yoast tutorials but I rank No.1 on the first page of Google and have done for over 10 years so I just think why bother
Yes of course it is. But a brand new site and domain name with no domain authority that just says basically something to the effect of :
We are ABC window cleaners and provide the best w/c service in Town X.
Best prices
We're committed to 100% customer satisfaction blah blah
and says little else and nothing different to many other sites. Well that's not going to rank.
Yes it's about self promotion but Google want to see some value in it to users. Does it inform and offer some usefulness beyond advertising its services?
That is what sets a site apart from competition along with backlinks, age of domain, good SEO, reputation etc

Yes of course it is. But a brand new site and domain name with no domain authority that just says basically something to the effect of :
We are ABC window cleaners and provide the best w/c service in Town X.
Best prices
We're committed to 100% customer satisfaction blah blah
and says little else and nothing different to many other sites. Well that's not going to rank.
Yes it's about self promotion but Google want to see some value in it to users. Does it inform and offer some usefulness beyond advertising its services?
That is what sets a site apart from competition along with backlinks, age of domain, good SEO, reputation etc
You're right, looking at some sites they are very basic not much thought has gone into the written content at all, all my pages used to get the green light with Yoast now overtime they have changed to amber

You're right, looking at some sites they are very basic not much thought has gone into the written content at all, all my pages used to get the green light with Yoast now overtime they have changed to amber
Generally speaking website content is either done by the designer who knows about design but not about content, or the site owner. Either way they just seem to look at the competition and copy it thinking that will work for them.
You can't really blame designers cos it's not their job to fill it with content. They create it and then the owner needs to get involved with what it actually says and the message they want to convey. They don't need to worry about the technicalities of SEO, just have something to say, and if it's something original even better.

So the same pages have gone from green to amber have they? I don't know why that is if they haven't changed at all.
But the Yoast plugin is very good at highlighting the important issues that need attention. In many ways I think it's better than most premium / paid plugins and easier to understand and implement what it recommends.

Also the content you add has to be structed well for the SEO side of things. h1, h2, h3 etc. Not to long paragraphs

I always hire a decent SEO copywriter to do my content. Its half way there then.

Generally speaking website content is either done by the designer who knows about design but not about content, or the site owner. Either way they just seem to look at the competition and copy it thinking that will work for them.
You can't really blame designers cos it's not their job to fill it with content. They create it and then the owner needs to get involved with what it actually says and the message they want to convey. They don't need to worry about the technicalities of SEO, just have something to say, and if it's something original even better.

So the same pages have gone from green to amber have they? I don't know why that is if they haven't changed at all.
But the Yoast plugin is very good at highlighting the important issues that need attention. In many ways I think it's better than most premium / paid plugins and easier to understand and implement what it recommends.
It has always been me who has written the content, I never knew some web guys actually wrote or likely copied content I did look at other sites for ideas and inspiration and I have tweaked some stuff over the years but not a great deal just words here and there but only small amounts.

I just have the free Yoast plugin I wasn't sure whether it was worth it to pay even just for a year to tweak stuff to get the green lights as when in Wordpress I can see that there is an auto-optimise but I've held off wanting to have changes in case it doesn't read well then I just have to change it back.

Also the content you add has to be structed well for the SEO side of things. h1, h2, h3 etc. Not to long paragraphs

I always hire a decent SEO copywriter to do my content. Its half way there then.
Thanks, I do paragraphs although some are 5-6 lines nothing worse I find to read when someone doesn't paragraph as it's more difficult to read.

Thanks, I do paragraphs although some are 5-6 lines nothing worse I find to read when someone doesn't paragraph as it's more difficult to read.

Yeah i did also read somewhere that having the content in small boxed content as apposed to full page width is better. Its supposed to be easier to read.

Yeah i did also read somewhere that having the content in small boxed content as apposed to full page width is better. Its supposed to be easier to read.
I like to do most things on my laptop but mobile optimisation is really important so I do check both and ensure they are easy to read and easy on the eye which is part of the reason I like to think I write well structured paragraphs as I think simple stuff like this can be overlooked

Most of these sites are similar as they all use Wordpress.
Mike at studio arts made mine it could do with updating a bit an definitively needs some SEO.

I had some one do SEO from here or the other forum I believe they probably done more harm than good and just copy and pasted loads of text.

The studio arts sites are cheap and affordable and Mike the owner is very easy to work with.He always responds to questions and gives good advice.

if you’re looking for something better then be prepared to pay.I’ve had quotes of 3k for a new one and I believe that’s not to bad in terms of price from a professional web design company.

It could do with some work and updates but mine is.

www.cghwindowcleaning.co.uk

Back