Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing, customers request house with conservatory

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi all!

I came across a customer today, she asked me for a quote for a 2 bedroom with conservatory. She's a one off customer from Facebook, I had the feeling she wanted the whole house conservatory sides and roof cleaned. She wasn't aware that conservatories are so expensive to clean, or she just pretended. I charged her 14£ for the house windows, and 16£ for the conservatory doors and windows. I said that the conservatory roof would be an extra 50£ as I need to go on a ladder possibly and put some chemical, plus all the extra physical effort and time.

In the end she went for the house windows and the conservatory doors and windows 30£ all together.

Do you guys think it was underpriced for a one off? What could I do better in your experience? 

I'm also noticing that 70% of customers from Facebook are one offs and price shoppers. I can't complain about it because I'm just starting, and they leave nice reviews.??

Hi all!

I came across a customer today, she asked me for a quote for a 2 bedroom with conservatory. She's a one off customer from Facebook, I had the feeling she wanted the whole house conservatory sides and roof cleaned. She wasn't aware that conservatories are so expensive to clean, or she just pretended. I charged her 14£ for the house windows, and 16£ for the conservatory doors and windows. I said that the conservatory roof would be an extra 50£ as I need to go on a ladder possibly and put some chemical, plus all the extra physical effort and time.

In the end she went for the house windows and the conservatory doors and windows 30£ all together.

Do you guys think it was underpriced for a one off? What could I do better in your experience? 

I'm also noticing that 70% of customers from Facebook are one offs and price shoppers. I can't complain about it because I'm just starting, and they leave nice reviews.??
just depends....if the job took you 30 mins id be happy with £30.....if the job took an hour id be gutted....but if your just starting out £30 for an hours work sounds ok...i would see it as a failure of pricing as i have to earn £40-£50 an hour minimum on ALL my work or im not interested in taking the work on....

Yeah, It will probably take me about an hour at my current speed but it's okay for now. 40-50 an hour!? that's a great rate! hopefully one day I will reach that too ?
thats just my default pricing....ive been window cleaning 26 years so i know how long a job will take me and how much i want to earn per hour to make it worth my while....also i only work 20-25 hours a week as im lazy these days and like my free time....it also stops me getting too bored with window cleaning working short days and hours.....??

It's not really a great rate it's a Business rate, Tax, NI, Duel, vehicle costs, pension, holiday pay, sick pay, equipment  
its still better than working for someone else and much less hours too for more money.......even after all expenses,tax,NI are deducted.im still much better off than having a JOB....(stands for JustOverBroke for a lot of people)

Hi all!

One off jobs we charge at least double the normal price if it’s green and really bad then x3 price conservatory roofs start at £60 and go up from there that would be fir a small one and polycarbonate not glass 

One off jobs we charge at least double the normal price if it’s green and really bad then x3 price conservatory roofs start at £60 and go up from there that would be fir a small one and polycarbonate not glass 
That seems a sensible rule for pricing, at the moment I am charging too cheaply I think ? But then, I'm still learning

Back