Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what happened to herman?

He chose his own fate 
That was grim... sounded like an Arnie line ???

200.gif

LOL. He must be a masochist. Posts over there, takes his shirt off, kneels on the ground and cheerfully accepts the inevitable flogging ?
I think you must right, as no other explanation seems feasible. I cant work out what he's trying to achieve but I'll give him one thing, he's persistent.

herman and me have chatted for a fair few years on and off and although he is mostly trad some of the things he does makes a lot of sense, not all but some.

he must be a glutten for punishment to post on that forum as it would just inflate some or their ego's even more when they have a dig, still they wouldn't last five mins on most of the American forums as they don't put up with idiots like we do here in the uk.

herman and me have chatted for a fair few years on and off and although he is mostly trad some of the things he does makes a lot of sense, not all but some.

he must be a glutten for punishment to post on that forum as it would just inflate some or their ego's even more when they have a dig, still they wouldn't last five mins on most of the American forums as they don't put up with idiots like we do here in the uk.
At least there is refuge from the idiot's on here ?

I have a lot of respect for Herman. But he will just not stop posting links he did for solutions to problems that were relevant years ago and no longer relevant now.

Honestly, I don't even click on his posts now.

At best whilst he is occupied posting nonsense on CIU he isn't getting on his wife's nerves. One of the moderators on CIU has 'cautioned' Herman about his postings.

Hi Herman, a couple of points.

The forum has to strike a balance when it comes to allowing what members can post. Occasionally a "report to mod" comes through about your posts along the lines of "does he pay for advertising" or "do we have to put up with this persistent (insert relevant word)".

Another is that your posts have some interest to those of us who make personal mods to our equipment to make our day easier.

So for the time being because it is at a hobby and occasionally helpful  level admin have allowed you to continue; however I note that you have been taking a dig from time to time at whoever has made the product in the first place. There is no need for this - especially when the item in question has been modified years ago.

So if you wish to continue just explain what you are doing  without any sniping or digs.

Finally I can only guess that your income comes from "clicks" and maybe this is partly why you put up videos all the time - along with the very altruistic reason of helping us all out.

Please tread more carefully.

Here's another;

H-man -

If Australian cricketers know how to use sandpaper then I think you can rest assured that the members of this forum do too.

However I believe Gardiners addressed this issue years ago .

Furthermore it seems to me that your posts have gone from being perceived as useful to humorous/useful to irritating/humorous/useful.

?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back