Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Opinions on transit connect please

WCF

Help Support WCF:

My son is after his first van I've suggested a connect l2 any thoughts on them please 
All depends on what size tank he needs in the back. Need to check the payload of the van against how much weight you'll be carrying. It all adds up with tank water tank frame poles reels etc

he's starting off with a 400 but i think the l2 has a 1000kg payload so plenty of room to go bigger i just dont know anything about the van in general 

Friend of mine said brand new transits were showing rust in the showrooms where he lives (Netherlands). He said he literally looked under them while they were on display INSIDE the showrooms and could see loads of rust already eating away at them.

That was about 6 years ago, might of changed since. Might be using aluminium kit-kat foil for the chassis now lol

My son is after his first van I've suggested a connect l2 any thoughts on them please 
I have this van, had nearly 2 years. Bought for £1200, 95k genuine on the clock. Full service history, ex BT van. Last mot was a bit steep, £500 odd, as a fair bit of welding was needed. I decided it was worth doing this rather than just get another old vehicle. Is probably good for several more years and is always reliable/starts every time etc. Down side is, its a bit gutless on the motorway, but this dont bother me as not often driving on there. I worked out, with my 350 litre tank, backpack, couple of barrels, leisure battery/pump etc, its on about the limit. If you can get a good example/looked after, Id say its the best you can get if not wanting to spend much. Prob the vauxhall combo would be next best. ( all matters of opinion of course, these are what I reckon for a not overly busy user) ( Mind you, the 350 litre tank will easy do me £250 or more of work, and I dont have it full right up, always got some in the barrels or backpack if run out)

Friend of mine said brand new transits were showing rust in the showrooms where he lives (Netherlands). He said he literally looked under them while they were on display INSIDE the showrooms and could see loads of rust already eating away at them.

That was about 6 years ago, might of changed since. Might be using aluminium kit-kat foil for the chassis now lol
The new shape transits from over 6 years ago are galvanised and come with a 12 year rust guarantee. 

Netherlands ?, was your friend on the Jamaican old Holbern? 

I've got one 2012 t220.. 750kg payload.. as a van A to B it's fine.. DPF blocked even with regular motorway runs.. but guessing it can happen with any van post 2009

Back