Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Late payment / reminder charging?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tango

I've got two clients that have now hit their 7 day payment deadline which is stated on my invoices.

The last one took 5 weeks to pay me. I'm not doing that again.. So I was mulling over the idea of dropping a 2nd invoice in their letterboxes with a extra fee added for doing so - eg £X for the original amount then say £2-5 for the second invoice / delivery of it ? - Idea obviously being that they decide to pay quicker to stop it increasing.

Anyone tried this? - If so, does it bring results?

You can’t charge somebody money for sending them an invoice, best thing todo is dump them, Keep them if you don’t mind waiting for the money wait, 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have previously, when I'm not to sure about them, when giving a quote add some on e.g £20 a month reduced  to £15 if cleared funds are received into your bank account within 7 days, that way it's £20 they will owe you ! ?

Personally, I wouldn’t wanna go down this route with my lovely customers, and have them not particularly like me for charging them a penalty- u know what people are like. 

I’d drop the messers. 

I only do a few houses, and imagine doing them full-time must be a mare chasing people for money. Not my style. If I did do only houses I’d defo use the Go-Cardless method no question. Instant payment regardless. Win-win! ??

Latest Posts

Back