Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2 New Gardiner Brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new.html

I trailed the all Du-Pont one and have to say its an incredible brush, the wife really took to it and has claimed it now.

I'm on the verge of buying the new extreme, I wasn't expecting that. I am intrigued with this new type of bristle, has anyone tried it? 
The DuPont bristle has been used for many many years in the original Tucker Brush. Fantastic scrub glide and longevity but heavy with the Carbon Fibre poles. I converted an original back in 2012 but god was it a brick ?. The newer Tucker’s as distributed by RHG are lighter (but still heavy by UK standards) and are optimised with fittings for most current CF poles. Phantom brushes are identical to the original UK made RHG Tucker (same manufacturer?)... I believe this one built for Alex with the Gardiner configuration will be an absolute winner. I’m in NZ so will be ordering without hesitation from an Australasian Distributor. I currently have a Gardiner DuPont Hybrid with Rinse Bar in my arsenal and like it a lot. 

@paul alan have you tried it with either of their rinse bars?
I have both the tucker dual trim and the boar hair, I love these brushes but at 300 gram dry they are heavy for all day use. I tend to work quickly for around  6 hours on average and now I have stopped vaping (E-cig) I dont break at all. The extra weight does come into play for me, I usually rotate the tuckers with the extremes I have.

I did buy one of the phantom horse hair brushes, they do look the same as the tucker but the horse hair performs in "NO WAY" like the tucker hog hair and was given away very shortly after.

The Gardiner all Du-Pont when I first tried I didn't like very much as I had become accustomed to the stiffer feel of the tucker dual trim and so my wife took it over instead of her usual extreme brush (Cant believe she actually tried something different) and she loves it. I will use her extreme pole when she's not working with me and have been using the Gardiner Du-Pont brush on it, it is growing on me especially the weight difference, being around a 1/3 lighter is ideal for all day use.

I since using the rinse bars a lot have found two things, RSI (tennis elbow) in both elbows as constantly swivelling from side to side (completely gone since ceasing use) and "bits" left on the glass. A lot of my work gets very mucky even on a 4 weekly basis and the rinse bar is better suited to almost clean glass. Since reverting back to jets I have found I am just as quick as the time I lose faffing around with the top frame using a rinse bar, I gain back with a normal set-up.

I still have them on the van (rinse bars) and will no doubt re-visit them one day when bored, and no-doubt will think they are amazing once again. I just find it easier without them as that's what I am most used to, I am sure if I mastered them completely I would use them more.

I have both the tucker dual trim and the boar hair, I love these brushes but at 300 gram dry they are heavy for all day use. I tend to work quickly for around  6 hours on average and now I have stopped vaping (E-cig) I dont break at all. The extra weight does come into play for me, I usually rotate the tuckers with the extremes I have.

I did buy one of the phantom horse hair brushes, they do look the same as the tucker but the horse hair performs in "NO WAY" like the tucker hog hair and was given away very shortly after.

The Gardiner all Du-Pont when I first tried I didn't like very much as I had become accustomed to the stiffer feel of the tucker dual trim and so my wife took it over instead of her usual extreme brush (Cant believe she actually tried something different) and she loves it. I will use her extreme pole when she's not working with me and have been using the Gardiner Du-Pont brush on it, it is growing on me especially the weight difference, being around a 1/3 lighter is ideal for all day use.

I since using the rinse bars a lot have found two things, RSI (tennis elbow) in both elbows as constantly swivelling from side to side (completely gone since ceasing use) and "bits" left on the glass. A lot of my work gets very mucky even on a 4 weekly basis and the rinse bar is better suited to almost clean glass. Since reverting back to jets I have found I am just as quick as the time I lose faffing around with the top frame using a rinse bar, I gain back with a normal set-up.

I still have them on the van (rinse bars) and will no doubt re-visit them one day when bored, and no-doubt will think they are amazing once again. I just find it easier without them as that's what I am most used to, I am sure if I mastered them completely I would use them more.
Paul, do you not worry about your van being overweight with the amount of brushes you buy? ??

Paul, do you not worry about your van being overweight with the amount of brushes you buy? ??
I know its a "thing" I've got.

It keeps boredom from setting in too much, doing the same thing but in a slightly different way helps.

It's no bother as the last 4 brushes I have bought have been extremes so light as...and I have started to auction off the unused. I sold a batch of four ultimate's on eBay for a surprisingly good price. I now have four x-line brushes I have hardly (3 great condition,1 bad) used going up soon. Cant wait to try this new kind of bristle.

Latest Posts

Back