Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Duplicate payment

Clearview Lee

I've just started a job 2 months ago for a building firm.

I've only done one clean thus far, but I'm just going thru my bank statement and they've paid me twice for the exact same amount, but different invoice numbers.

One payment for £280 corresponds to the job I have done and the only job I do for them, and the other payment made 10 days afterwards doesn't correspond to any invoice/job I've ever done period!

Anyone else been in the same predicament?? What did you do?

Do I contact them or wait till they contact me of their error??

Replies much appreciated.

contact them and transfer it back. Some of these companies have got so many people in charge of payments and so much going out that its an easy mistake to make.

I’ve had residential customers pay their credit card bill to us before, they were lucky i wasnt on holiday lol.

Contact them and inform them, waiting till they find out could risk trust. Just get their bank details and transfer the excess back.
Totally agree, I had this happen to me on a contract I had done for almost a year, I phoned them up and they said to simply hold on to the funds as a credit, but only a £25 job, but they were grateful that I had made them aware so made a note on there system.

Totally agree, I had this happen to me on a contract I had done for almost a year, I phoned them up and they said to simply hold on to the funds as a credit, but only a £25 job, but they were grateful that I had made them aware so made a note on there system.
They paid me £2.5k for a £30 job, would've been doing it for 7 years to pay them back. 

Had the same monday, did a clean Friday for £15 and the customer paid twice.

I rang her and said id return it or she could leave it as a credit for her next clean.

She said "Thanks for being Honest, ill take it as a credit for next clean"

Back