Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

WFP Tips and Tricks

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Louis

What are your WFP tips and tricks that make the job easier / more efficient for you?

I'm newer to this and have never had other window cleaners to learn from, interested to know what others do.

Mine may be fairly obvious but:

• Use a rag in one hand to clean the hose of grit and water as I reel it in.
  • Use the bottom part of the middle frame on window, brush over it side to side quickly to remove **** from the brush before heading back to the top of the window with a cleaner brush.
  • Use foam balls to protect my hose fittings when dragging along the ground 

Foam balls.jpg

Learning how to rinse while walking to the next window.
Interesting idea.... so you just aim the water at the current window and get further and further away with the water splashing every where I assume ???

200.gif

Learning how to rinse while walking to the next window.
Yep, a very good point. While finishing the rinse on one window I step half way to the next one. Once finished the first with a double swipe of the sill, I swing the pole to the next one (with the water still running) and start the wash on that one while continuing to walk till I'm square under it.  Keeps the whole thing moving, saves time, energy and water. A relatively loose grip on the pole, no need to try and wear a hole through the glass. Light pressure on the brush, let the bristles do their work. Put pressure on only when it's needed, ie bird muck. I use a Gardiner scraper for baked on stuff.

To be fast and efficient it needs to be almost a dance. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone as 8’ legs haha

Interesting idea.... so you just aim the water at the current window and get further and further away with the water splashing every where I assume ???

200.gif
I suppose for the weaklings that only use 18' extremes then it's not possible. Those of us who can use a 27' CLX all day can manage. Man up ladies ?

• ✔ SHAPES AND TRIMS WAIST AND BELLY - Wear to improve and keep form during exercise and as a waist trainer corset to help maintain a trim mid-section. Thermal material helps the girdle burn stubborn belly fat. Adjustable band shrinks with you as you slim down.

need one just for this ??

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Always reel the hose in with a cloth in the hand guiding it never bare handed....who knows what's stuck to the hose ready to rip your hand apart.

Latest Posts

Back