Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Start up with 2 brushes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

willy windows

Hi All,

Just your thoughts on this please.

Hoping to set up in Sept with the following set up:

Barrels, backpack, CLX 27 or SLX 25 or Phantom hybrid 30' and 2 brushes, 1 for glass/frames, other for f/s/g cleans.

So, question is.

What would be the best brush combination to achieve this as there are too many different bushes about.Hoping to stick to Gardiners brushes by the way.

Will have a look and a fiddle at the cleaning show with regard to the Phantom pole.

Thanks.

Hi All,

Just your thoughts on this please.

Hoping to set up in Sept with the following set up:

Barrels, backpack, CLX 27 or SLX 25 or Phantom hybrid 30' and 2 brushes, 1 for glass/frames, other for f/s/g cleans.

So, question is.

What would be the best brush combination to achieve this as there are too many different bushes about.Hoping to stick to Gardiners brushes by the way.

Will have a look and a fiddle at the cleaning show with regard to the Phantom pole.

Thanks.
Willy windows what a great name ?.

Id go for a sill brush for Fascias soffits conservatory roofs in my opinion if your starting off you can use that one to do the w windows aswel so you can get use to it. After a bit you could move onto a lighter brush for the windows and keep the sill brush for the 1st cleans or Fascias. 

Anything clx above 22 will have some whip on it, got a 22 and at full tilt it's not so accurate as a slx and harder to control. 

Slx 27 which isn't one of your options I know, is a more versatile pole and a good all round size

One thing to consider, regarding a sill brush is the weight, I am 5ft with not much muscle putting a sill brush on pole to clean fascias will be like a using house brick. 

As for buying the biggest pole to cover all jobs, you will need a smaller base section #5 so it's insulated, the reason I say this is unless you are doing the 3 storey townhouse's all day a 27ft pole isn't a daily pole and can easily make your shoulders ache and fatigue you. 

I wouldn’t get a brush just for gutters unless your going to be cleaning them daily. Just use your normal window brushes and clean them after you’ve done a gutter job. I only use two types of brush after trying many. I use the super light mixed medium which is great for maintenance cleans on UPVC windows and the ultimate flocked for leaded and painted windows. 

For a pole I use an SLX 18 and brought two extensions that can be added when needed. It’s only 1m50 when collapsed so easy to handle in tight spots

Hi All,

some early birds on here!

Thanks for the feedback but I'm more confused than ever !

I guess its just down to personal experience with regard to pole lenght/brush combi's.

Clear as mud now ????

Back