Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Power Up Reel Woes

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hey guys,

Having an issue with my Power Up. Initially the controller stopped working so I wired the feed into the secondary button which got me another week out of the unit, however, that then died too.

WaterWorks sent me a new controller out, but I’ve tried wiring that in to no avail either, so I’ve got a completely useless reel that’s mounted half way back in the van that I have to climb into to wind it in by hand, which is utter guff.

Left WW a voicemail again to try and get it into them instead, but wondered if anyone’s had similar experiences and knows a work around? 

Cheers

Have you checked the wiring in the junction box? I had trouble with mine until I changed the connections...

No, I haven’t. I had a custom install by WCW so I don’t know the ins and outs of where all the wiring is as they did such a neat job, so I think there may be a separate box inside my RO panel on the tank but I wouldn’t know where to start. 

Its still under warranty so I don’t want to tinker too much until I hear back from them. 

I had similar issues a few weeks back. Some of the wiring in the junction box had come loose.

Follow the wire from the controller and you'll arrive at the junction box.

I had similar issues a few weeks back. Some of the wiring in the junction box had come loose.

Follow the wire from the controller and you'll arrive at the junction box.
Thank you - I traced it back to a black box (presume this is the junction box as it’s wired into my system and diesel heater circuit) but it’s so difficult to get to as it’s half wedged next to the battery I’m not sure I can get it out without removing the entire battery block, which I don’t have the tools for! Will have another look later and try and get inside it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The black junction box has a quick release lid (90 degree turn) ‘screws’. Every reel I’ve had (4 of) I’ve got rid of the terminal block inside and used either push fit terminals or a completely different connector. Unfortunately this is a common thing with the quality control of these reels - the terminal block inside the black box are useless - especially when the connection and wires aren’t terminated correctly in the first place. I’ve fixed two other cleaners reels that develop ‘intermittent’ faults or just stop working altogether. Just bite the bullet and strip the wiring out, redo all the connections and you won’t have an issue again. Not ideal but this is the only downside to a superb reel.

The black junction box has a quick release lid (90 degree turn) ‘screws’. Every reel I’ve had (4 of) I’ve got rid of the terminal block inside and used either push fit terminals or a completely different connector. Unfortunately this is a common thing with the quality control of these reels - the terminal block inside the black box are useless - especially when the connection and wires aren’t terminated correctly in the first place. I’ve fixed two other cleaners reels that develop ‘intermittent’ faults or just stop working altogether. Just bite the bullet and strip the wiring out, redo all the connections and you won’t have an issue again. Not ideal but this is the only downside to a superb reel.

Thanks for this sage advice. 

However, it turned out to be a blown fuse which I couldn’t see cos of the battery placement in my system. WaterWorks found it in seconds and swapped it over. They also rebalanced my reel and it’s winding in better than it did brand new. 

Happy ending thankfully. 

Thanks for this sage advice. 

However, it turned out to be a blown fuse which I couldn’t see cos of the battery placement in my system. WaterWorks found it in seconds and swapped it over. They also rebalanced my reel and it’s winding in better than it did brand new. 

Happy ending thankfully. 
haha, I was reading from the top and thought ''I bet that's a blown fuse'' Had the same in my pump once but didn't have a clue, bought an entire new pump before I realised ?

Back