Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

start up advice on finding customers

ali djemal

Hi ive been window cleaning for 2 weeks now, i used to clean windows for someone else. im finding it hard to find customers.

i knock on the doors and ask for work but dont seem to be getting many jobs, does anyone have any advice on how to generate some leads or customers im based in north London. any ideas would be appreciated .

Can you not buy in some work @ali djemal ? Otherwise asking around, knocking on doors and simply being seen will eventually give you some action I'm sure. Green Pro does lead generation too which might be worth a try?

IF door knocking isn't getting you anywhere then perhaps get a printers to print off some basic B&W leaflets - I pay £20 for 1000 (you'll have to design them yourself in MS Word or something). Then go and put those through letterboxes. They work slower... but they DO work. Sometimes you can go weeks without a call other times you might get one the same week as you dropped the leaflets.

Some here will say use facebook - which is fine if your local groups allow advertising - if they don't you're a bit screwed... (like me).

For me personally, door knocking and leaflets is my way of earning some breadcrumbs. I appreciate others will have more advanced / better methods but at this moment in time it's all i can really do. Postcards in newsagents windows might not be a bad idea..

Also business cards. Get some of those printed off - as many as you can afford. Staple to your leaflets when putting them through letterboxes so that even if they throw the leadlet, they can still keep your card (and you can also hand them out to people when window cleaning comes up in conversation - and you must make that happen as much as possible as you'd be surprised how many people suddenly decide they need their windows cleaned when you tell them you're a windy - might only be one off jobs but every little helps!). Only reason i say to staple cards to your leaflet is so that kids / dogs etc don't swallow a paperclip.. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back