Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Stirring DI resin

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ana

Bit of a odd one for you guys on this rainy day but thought I'd mention it. Another member these boards @Duncs mentioned on another thread about stirring your resin when the ppm level went to high. Past week or so my RO has been pumping out water at 038 (starting water 252), this is pretty high considering, after DI it kept hitting 004. New prefilters we're in my 450 gpd unit, memebranes about five months old (buying new soon).

While that's not especially high I want a lower number so thought I'll dump out the resin, stir it up well and bang it back in the vessel. Low and behold my water has gone down from 004 to 000! I'm flabbergasted that it's worked so before buying new resin give it a stir and see if you can get a bit more life out of your resin.

Giving your Vessel a shake also does the same as you crate new channels in the resin. Also when ppm starts to creep slow the flow rate down and the pump will drop.

Back