Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Plastic Filter housing blew up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Salan

Hi guys, I have an ionic 600ltrs machine fitted in a Primastar, I have had the machine for 4years now., I run my business in Nairobi, so I dont have 

the opportunity to take the machine to a dealer whenever I have a problem. I buy the parts and try fix myself. 

Today while the machine was working perfectly the water stopped coming out of the brush.

The machine was still running, so started to look if the pipes were caught anywhere, but they were not, suddenly water started coming 

out of the back of the van. The DI filter had blew up and water was running out of the filters. See attached pic.

I am trying to figure out why would this happen and what would cause this. I believe there might be too much pressure building up in the system.

Also I am using Gardiner poles incase this might help.

ionic filters.jpg

I have had exactly  same problem with the older style filters , ionics claim it never happens but it’s happened to me 3 times and a friend of mine has had it happen twise . I personally think  it’s due to fatigue the constant expansion and contraction the plastic fractures . I have had it with the 5 micron filter and the di one . I don’t know how old yours is but I would apply pressure on ionics to replace it , I had to get to the point of threatening them with a solicitor and then they finally replaced it and gave me compensation for  the damage done to my van due to it being flooded to a depth of 12 inches 

Thanks @Pjj yeah this is is also 2nd time on the same filter. Blew the first one  back in 2017. I will contact them tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for the response. I thought it was just me. It also happened to the 3rd housing RO back in May this year hence the blue in colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks @Pjj yeah this is is also 2nd time on the same filter. Blew the first one  back in 2017. I will contact them tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for the response. I thought it was just me.

They do a stainless steel version as an option , they know there is a problem with theses filters but just denied  it , try and get a replacement from your nearest supplier 

Can you recommend me any where I can get the stainless steel one from? Also when you changed yours did you go with the the stainless one or they replaced it with the new version housing(blue in colour).

Can you recommend me any where I can get the stainless steel one from? Also when you changed yours did you go with the the stainless one or they replaced it with the new version housing(blue in colour).

Any ionics supplier should be able to get one for you they arnt cheap though , I have the older type to yours 
spacer.png

FE2CADC3-7218-4B45-ACF8-9013D324738B.jpeg

Back