Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Which ladder/ladders?

Guest nickm

Hi Guys

I'm new to window cleaning, starting off using traditional method. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice as to where to buy ladders and which type?

Guest colinvansmith

I disagree with Kars b&q ladders are diy and your liability insurance won't cover you if you are using diy ladders also they are **** and will buckle with daily use fairly quickly.

You will get a 5.5 - 6 metre box section double extention trade ladders from ebay for around £80 which is about the same as you'll pay in b&q for a Swear word!py diy set which won't last and you can't change the feet whereas the trade ones you can.

you will find you go through a pair of feet around every 6-9months depending on the use. They cost about a fiver to change and i think its something you need to do on a regular basis to keep your ladders safe and stop them slipping.

Triple extention trade ladders on ebay around 9 metres extended for around £130 these will allow you to reach gutters and you can always leave one section at home until you need it for a gutter clean etc.

Ladders from B&Q or Homebase are okay for use now and then,But for every day use a decent trade set from somewhere like Midland ladders are a must and a double A-frame is the best for window cleaning if you are doing a lot of ladder work

Ladders from B&Q or Homebase are okay for use now and then,But for every day use a decent trade set from somewhere like Midland ladders are a must and a double A-frame is the best for window cleaning if you are doing a lot of ladder work

All our ladders are from Midland ladders but then they are near enough to go to the shop and see them in the flesh.

I would say - never risk your life or job or insurance using cheap ladders.

With WFP systems most of us are not climbing ladders anything like would have been the case a few years ago but this is no excuse for risking your neck on second rate gear.

You only have to put the normal domestic ladders along side the proper kit and you can see and feel the difference.

All our ladders are from Midland ladders but then they are near enough to go to the shop and see them in the flesh.

I would say - never risk your life or job or insurance using cheap ladders.

With WFP systems most of us are not climbing ladders anything like would have been the case a few years ago but this is no excuse for risking your neck on second rate gear.

You only have to put the normal domestic ladders along side the proper kit and you can see and feel the difference.

I would never suggest to use Diy ladders for work and even if you use WFP there is no excuse for not using a decent ladder

Guest SharperCleaning

I totally agreed with wmwcs suggestions. Never risk your life or job or insurance using cheap ladders. According to my knowledge wfp is a decent ladder.

I am new to this game but I also use a stand off. 25 pounds from midland ladders. This way I can have my ladders higher than the bottom of the window so I have something to hold onto when streching out.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.