Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pole around 50 and 60 feet to choose.

Which pole would you recommend between 50 and 60 feet ?

To reach 50 feet, i'm now using now a Reach-it Mini + ABB extensions but i'm a little bit tired of using a modular-telescopic pole.

I would like to upgrade to a pole giving the same height possibilities but telescopic only.

Which pole would you recommend me ? Budget is not a problem.

Gardiner Ultimate 46 ?

Ova 8 Ultra Modulus 65 ?

SimPole SimSky 66′ Ultra Hi Mod 3/k ?

Any other ?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I was getting into that sort of range I would get something a bit bigger as you don’t wanna be upgrading later on as it can be very costly. 

If I was getting into that sort of range I would get something a bit bigger as you don’t wanna be upgrading later on as it can be very costly. 
  He’s not going to get much bigger than a 65 foot pole that costs 2:5 k the 75 foot is only £500 more so peanuts extra .

The Gardiner Ultimate 46 is actually the biggest telescopic pole.

Because the Gardiner Ultimate 74 is actually the Ultimate 46 + 2 modular extensions and the Gardiner Ultimate 63 is the Ultimate 46 + 1 modular extension.

Exactly. If your spending that sort of money your better off covering all bases from the start. 

All you need need to do is buy the extra extensions as you need them , I don’t think it would cost any more .

The Gardiner Ultimate 63 is the biggest telescopic pole.

Because the Gardiner Ultimate 74 is actually the Ultimate 63 + a modular extension.

Thats what we have 

80 feet is high enough you cannot afford to make any mistakes at that height , also at ground level there might not be any wind , 8 floors up it can be a totaly different ball game  , not for the faint hearted , you need plenty of experience working at that height 

80 feet is high enough you cannot afford to make any mistakes at that height , also at ground level there might not be any wind , 8 floors up it can be a totaly different ball game  , not for the faint hearted , you need plenty of experience working at that height 

The idea for me is to reach until 5 storeys. More than 5 storeys, i prefer to rent a elevator.

Tell me about it. I remember leaving one(very stupidly in my younger years) unattended. Luckily it was 4 in the morning on an empty car park. It went over and smashed the top 3 sections to bits. You live and learn. 

The idea for me is to reach until 5 storeys. More than 5 storeys, i prefer to rent a elevator.

In that case you might get away with the ultimate 46 we do some 5 storey jobs without any extensions , I don’t know what building heights are like where you are , but a 63 should give you a spare section if not two .

Have you ever used it full length Paul? 
what’s it like? (And don’t just say ‘long’)

How do windows come out at that height? I used to know someone who lived high up in flats, maybe 5th or 6th story, he said they’d always be marks that didn’t come off, I guess it’s better than nothing.

Have you ever used it full length Paul? 
what’s it like? (And don’t just say ‘long’)

How do windows come out at that height? I used to know someone who lived high up in flats, maybe 5th or 6th story, he said they’d always be marks that didn’t come off, I guess it’s better than nothing.
Yes we regularly use it on some hotels windows 7-8 storey , I used to use an extream 47 with extensions but it was way to whipy ,  the ultimate is a nice pole it’s a bit heavy and after a mornings work I have had enough of it , as for bits left behind I have never had a complaint we do a lot of costal stuff that’s very salty at that height I rinse on with maximum flow rate and of course we do use hot water , obviously it’s a very expensive pole and you have to have some serious work to justify spending that much on a pole ,but it’s the best pole I have used at that height . 

Yes we regularly use it on some hotels windows 7-8 storey , I used to use an extream 47 with extensions but it was way to whipy ,  the ultimate is a nice pole it’s a bit heavy and after a mornings work I have had enough of it , as for bits left behind I have never had a complaint we do a lot of costal stuff that’s very salty at that height I rinse on with maximum flow rate and of course we do use hot water , obviously it’s a very expensive pole and you have to have some serious work to justify spending that much on a pole ,but it’s the best pole I have used at that height . 
Hello Pjj,

Which other poles did you use at that height ?

I'm hesitating between a "Gardiner Ultimate 74", the "SimPole Simsky 66" and the "Ova 8 Ultra Modulus 65" actually. 

For the moment, i use the Reach-it mini + ABB extensions but it's bending too much when I want to clean solar panels from the floor and it's also quite heavy.

The reason why I want to invest in a high pole is mainly for cleaning solar panels from the floor.

Thanks in advance for your feedback and your help in my decision.

Hello Pjj,

I'm hesitating between a "Gardiner Ultimate 74", the "SimPole Simsky 66" and the "Ova 8 Ultra Modulus 65" actually. 

For the moment, i use the Reach-it mini + ABB extensions but it's bending too much when I want to clean solar panels from the floor and it's also quite heavy.

The reason why I want to invest in a high pole is mainly for cleaning solar panels from the floor.

The Gardiner Modular 57' pole is very light and very rigid. It is very fragile though and does feel flimsy. However even at full height it appears lighter than an Extreme 35. Takes time to put together and take apart but if you have 10 minutes work at the same height then it's worth a look, assuming 57' is high enough. Just read earlier posts about not wanting modular ?‍♂️

Hello Pjj,

I have used the extream 47 with 6 extensions , I tried an ionics 65 foot pole , clamp levers were rubbish and I broke three just trying the pole out with Ruban Reynolds stood beside me he didn’t know what to say ???, I have used the modular poles from Gardiners very lite but I don’t  like carrying a bag of bits around , exceed Inovation poles were ok but not stiff enough , I now stick to Gardiners as there poles are the best all round poles . The ultimate is a cracking pole but not cheap but it’s a quality product 

Back