Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What vans do you use?

Marsh cleaning

Hi all. I've not been on for a while. And it must be a very old boring question... What vans do people use and find is the best for size/reliability etc... 

Cheers all 

We have a Renault’s master , Vito and Toyota proace  not a lover of the Renault but payload is very good , van choice will depend on type of work you do , and wether one or two  people will be working from it . The areas that you work in for being able to park ,how much do you want to spend , and are you looking at new or second hand ,  only you can answer theses questions . 

We have a Renault’s master , Vito and Toyota proace  not a lover of the Renault but payload is very good , van choice will depend on type of work you do , and wether one or two  people will be working from it . The areas that you work in for being able to park ,how much do you want to spend , and are you looking at new or second hand ,  only you can answer theses questions . 
 Exactly a comedian can’t answer them?

Good job Yr not a comedian... There would only be one that clapped lolol ???
Please get something big enough to fit a pole in, as we don’t wanna see a post asking how people fit a pole into van what’s longer then it ,  less you’ll get a  comedian response ?

Exactly a comedian can’t answer them?

Please get something big enough to fit a pole in, as we don’t wanna see a post asking how people fit a pole into van what’s longer then it ,  less you’ll get a  comedian response ?
Now that's a good answer lol

I have a vivaro at the moment but still keep looking at those transit customs-maybe in a year or so not made my mind up yet
I've been looking at the vivaro. And the peugeot expert van which is slightly smaller. ?

I use a T5 for work and pleasure. Can carry a full contingent of barrels, brushs, hoses in the back weekdays, throw a mattress and camping gear in at the weekend and off we go exploring.   

I use a T5 for work and pleasure. Can carry a full contingent of barrels, brushs, hoses in the back weekdays, throw a mattress and camping gear in at the weekend and off we go exploring.   
Sounds perfect

Vivaro lwb sportive...so far so good. Decent payload and enough room for 700litre tank plus gutter vac with room to spare ?
Brilliant that's great to know... Cheers?

Vauxhall combo/Fiat Doblo, I don't need anything bigger as I just do windows, if I needed a bigger van I would be inclined to go with the new shape Citroën Dispatch, I like the lower roofs these vans now have no higher than a roof of a swb van. 

I test drove the vivaro and it wasn’t in the same class as the transit I.m.o.

Also, the transit is far better looking, whereas the Vivaro is as ugly as the men of the north east ?

I have just bought a Toyota proace  I tried the transit custom and didn’t like it , the Toyota also has a 5 year warranty and considerably cheaper than the ford and no paint issues , the ford does look nice but it’s way over priced for what it is ford wanted 35 k for the one with 1400 kg payload and a six month waiting list , the Toyota took 6 weeks and cost 27 k  still a rip off price but a lot cheaper . 

I have just bought a Toyota proace  I tried the transit custom and didn’t like it , the Toyota also has a 5 year warranty and considerably cheaper than the ford and no paint issues , the ford does look nice but it’s way over priced for what it is ford wanted 35 k for the one with 1400 kg payload and a six month waiting list , the Toyota took 6 weeks and cost 27 k  still a rip off price but a lot cheaper . 
I got a reasonable deal on the 1000 kg transit. I’ve had many vans throughout the years and the new custom is by far the best drive for a van I’ve ever had.

Never heard of paint issues and it has a 12 year anti corrosion guarantee.

All about opinions this thread I suppose ?

Vauxhall combo/Fiat Doblo, I don't need anything bigger as I just do windows, if I needed a bigger van I would be inclined to go with the new shape Citroën Dispatch, I like the lower roofs these vans now have no higher than a roof of a swb van. 
You'd still needs steps to get the ladder off ?

I had a brand new Citroen Dispatch LWB 150 Professional Plus on order and it was £22.4k OTR That's virtually top of the range and £4.5k cheaper ?

I had a brand new Citroen Dispatch LWB 150 Professional Plus on order and it was £22.4k OTR That's virtually top of the range and £4.5k cheaper ?

Who's going to get the step ladders off, so I can get the ladder off ? TALL PERSON, TALL PERSON, I will be shouting ?

If you're talking about the 850 T5 I'm incredibly jealous of you. Lucky sod!

Wouldn't it be best just to get a folding ladder? (by that i mean not a telescopic one)

Back