Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just a quick question, interior windows

Chris34

Been asked to do an interior clean tomorrow.  I've done them before but just used pure water with a microfibre, blade then finishing cloth.  Is pure the way to go or would it be better to add a drop of fairy?  Last time I did one it was ok but some of the dirtier windows were a bit of work.  Also, I've got some velux windows, would a blade on a pole be best, with another pole having a pad / cloth?

Yes trad all the way. I would love to do more internals especially in this weather but its just not practical. Most properties have cluttered window sills, netted curtains, blinds, furniture in the way, cream carpets and whitewashed decor. Unless you take spare trousers and slippers and do it first thing AM its never practical to do in the middle of a day. Showing up soaked through to do internals wouldnt be good. 
not to mention smokers and people who have the heating on full blast ?

A 35cm mop and a 35cm squeegee (+a smaller one if needed) in a BOAB.

Water with soap in a spray bottle.

Glass scraper (if a first clean).

Two dry rags hanging out of the pocket.

Pole+Fliq is good for velux windows inside.

My experience is it's best to pack light. No bucket that soaks your mop too much and leaves rings on the floors. Not a bunch of tools only the bare minimum. Makes you way quicker when you don't have to lug equipment around.

If there are a lot terraces, I try to bring a pair of clogs to carry around as my other shoes often are wet or dirty.

Just my opinion but you cant beat a trad clean for internals, tap water, squeeze of fairy, mop, squeeggee.

I love doing internal cleans but im deffo in the ver very small minority on the   forum.
Agree with the tools.....but I try to avoid doing internals like the majority.

Plastic shoe covers cant remember where i got mine but £4.99 for a box of 100
B&Q?

Either way - sometimes I trad them or have a spray bottle filled with purified water, a microfibre cloth, glass cloth and scraper with fresh blade.

Trad it if they're big panes of glass or I use the purified water if they're mostly small panes of glass (which tends to be the majority on the rural properties that I work on).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back