Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Internal conservatory roof

Mx19

Hi all, 

I’ve been asked to quote a property, I’m happy with all the rest but never done an internal conny roof and would hate to lose this job based on that! 

Anyone got any tips or tricks tor me? 

Cheers all!

Depending on how high it is you can usually do them off a small step ladder with traditional tools. Just be careful if there is a smoker in the house and ask them to move any rugs / furnishings.

I do 1 and its on my cream job, its bloody high and i habe to do it off my A-Frame ladder, i hate it but the whole job is £135 for 3hrs work so i put up with it.

Id only do standard ones off a  step ladder, id not take on another high one.

We use a little giant extream steps/ladder they are very stable and can fold into various shapes to fit in corners etc . 

Price wise insides start from £100 for a small one and go up from there , for that we clean the whole of the inside including vaccing out flies from the edges ,  all framework and all glass and inside all the edges and frames on opening windows and roof vents etc .

start at the highest point and work your way down the best results will be obtained by doing it trad with a squeegee and applicator having tried cloths etc this always smears .

Alow more time than you think it will take as jobs like this are usually time consuming .Try and avoid doing it on a hot sunny day as it will dry very quickly and looking up through the roof is blinding with the sun , you will  also sweat like a pig ????

Cheers all. Didn’t get the job in the end, they’ve had another quote for a quarter of what I was charging! To be honest I’m not upset about that ha but the info is valuable nonetheless!!

Cheers all. Didn’t get the job in the end, they’ve had another quote for a quarter of what I was charging! To be honest I’m not upset about that ha but the info is valuable nonetheless!!

Sorry to hear.

Out of interest, what did you quote and think was reasonable?

Nothing to be sorry about haha, it was a c**t of a job.

It was a £75 external clean plus internal which was £175 (2x external plus a bit for complexities) then the conny roof external at £115 and internal at 2x so £230 so £435 for the whole job. She found someone to do the lot for £130... they’re more than welcome to it haha

I didn’t want it desperately, and it meant finding another day to do it which I don’t have at the moment, hence the reason I didn’t manipulate prices to try and land it.

Nothing to be sorry about haha, it was a c**t of a job.

It was a £75 external clean plus internal which was £175 (2x external plus a bit for complexities) then the conny roof external at £115 and internal at 2x so £230 so £435 for the whole job. She found someone to do the lot for £130... they’re more than welcome to it haha

I didn’t want it desperately, and it meant finding another day to do it which I don’t have at the moment, hence the reason I didn’t manipulate prices to try and land it.

Nice one, sensible pricing - I like it! 

They're going to be working their **** off for that £130 (if they do it properly lol).

Had exactly the same a few years ago, i quoted whatever, someone else quoted lower, didnt show up, then she went online moaning about exactly the same things. Baring in mind this is somebody living in a house that resembles something outta beverley hills lol

Back