Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Velux windows help

Perryb91

Have used the search bar disclaimer.

Any one got any tips for velux windows? Am I safe to bronze wool bad ones, got a house that they are nasty. I've scrubbed like a mad man with ubik and they still havnt come out bang on, would you use any different chemicals techniques? Cheers in advance 

Any one got any tips for velux windows? Am I safe to bronze wool bad ones, got a house that they are nasty. I've scrubbed like a mad man with ubik and they still havnt come out bang on, would you use any different chemicals techniques? Cheers in advance 
Yeah you should be fine with the bronze wool, I have done several myself. Ues with lubricant of course, always.

AE Mackintosh has done a video of just this aspect, youll find it on Youtube under his name and just add bronze wool cleaning Quite straightforward really. You can get some good tips off his vids. What do you think is on the glass ?

Bronze wool and /or UBIK or Virosol should be all that you need. 

Also, just be sure the marks are definitely on the outside of the glass. lol

Thats my 2p worth anyway.  

I would say it depends what you are trying to remove I have never used bronze wool in 20 years never found anything that cannot be removed with Virosol , solvent cleaner and a scraper .

Yeah would need to see pics. I actually am currently doing a job with the worst concrete run off staining I have ever seen. Got most of it off but was breaking my heart on the initial clean. I told them I would give it another bash next week.... so we'll see how that goes. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back