Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Tubeless extensions.

Spartan

Hi lads,

im currently using a diy tubeless system a bit like the one below (pic supplied by Marko067)

9899DF57-0682-44B4-8776-EE5F76206D83.jpeg

Im thinking of going the proper route of the tubeless kit and the question I have is will I be able to add extensions to the pole without any issues?

a few times a month I add an extension to my pole and if the actual kit is going to cause problems because it has an ejector sleeve then I’ll just stick with what I have now...

cheers guys, thanks for your input.

Just buy the kit but don't fit all the bits that come with it, basically just fit the rectus fittings and the sleeve along with enough pole hose sticking out of the bottom to add extensions, the only issue will be the size of the hole of the end cap to allow it to fit through 

If you add extensions in theory the ejected sleeve  will need to go furthest up the extra sections so this could cause a problem  , doing it with a hose tail like the picture it should be fine 

It won’t be a problem. If you install the kit correctly and don’t use the shim on the top section when the pole is back together you won’t have any issues. Or you could shorten the shin to suit. Remember the ejector sleeve is 4-5 inches long so will stick out the bottom of the pole 3-4 inches (with Gardiner poles and  phantom). You literally only need the smallest piece to be able to release the ejector 

If you have it mounted flush with the bottom, you could thread the pole hose through the extension before you attach it to the connector.

Hi lads,

im currently using a diy tubeless system a bit like the one below (pic supplied by Marko067)

View attachment 17951

Im thinking of going the proper route of the tubeless kit and the question I have is will I be able to add extensions to the pole without any issues?

a few times a month I add an extension to my pole and if the actual kit is going to cause problems because it has an ejector sleeve then I’ll just stick with what I have now...

cheers guys, thanks for your input.
I use the same system as mark067 and DavyB and yourself just add the pole into the extensions first  click the John guest connectors together slide the extension on to your pole. 

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Like you, Den, marko and probably countless others, I use the air hose connectors and it works fine for me - except when i use a 5m extension which has to go up the pole when fully extended... that can be a pain...

I had a similar set up to what you have. If you don’t disconnect your pole hose often then stick with what you have. I disconnect my hose between every job (I don’t get pole hose kinks that way) and slide my pole into the storage tube. It saves so much time, I don’t get annoying kinks in my pole hose, and now I’ve changed the fittings to actual rectus 21 (not the cheap version Gardiner and exceed sell) I have no leaks or accidental disconnects. I’ll try and do a short video as it really has made a massive difference for me 

I had a similar set up to what you have. If you don’t disconnect your pole hose often then stick with what you have. I disconnect my hose between every job (I don’t get pole hose kinks that way) and slide my pole into the storage tube. It saves so much time, I don’t get annoying kinks in my pole hose, and now I’ve changed the fittings to actual rectus 21 (not the cheap version Gardiner and exceed sell) I have no leaks or accidental disconnects. I’ll try and do a short video as it really has made a massive difference for me 
Are these the ones Parker Rectus 21

Yes they are the ones - the difference in quality and longevity far outweigh the cost difference. I don’t use pole hose but have connected my reel hose  (with a few adjustments to the sleeve) directly as I got sick of the hose connections snagging on everything in sight
Champion, thank you, I am not heavy handed with my current ones and they get well used pretty sure I have had the current one in use over 6 months and I grease the female fitting on a regular basis 

Yes they are the ones - the difference in quality and longevity far outweigh the cost difference. I don’t use pole hose but have connected my reel hose  (with a few adjustments to the sleeve) directly as I got sick of the hose connections snagging on everything in sight

I have used theses ones and Gardiners ones both don’t  last long , I think we need a manufacturer to produce something especially for water not air that will last , fit up the pole like the rectus 21 and be an end stop . None of the currant wfp suppliers seam interested in making anything, all other technology in wfp have moved forwards but not this type of fitting . 

I have used theses ones and Gardiners ones both don’t  last long , I think we need a manufacturer to produce something especially for water not air that will last , fit up the pole like the rectus 21 and be an end stop . None of the currant wfp suppliers seam interested in making anything, all other technology in wfp have moved forwards but not this type of fitting . 
Surely a scaled down version of the slick connect, but for pole hose only would be the way to go as in just a plastic fitting with a twist and lock feature and plastic barbs on the inside to fit pole hose over, if the current version can be bashed about and dragged along the floor without disconnecting then it would be the best option for a tubeless set-up 

Last edited by a moderator:
Surely a scaled down version of the slick connect, but for pole hose only would be the way to go as in just a plastic fitting with a twist and lock feature and plastic barbs on the inside to fit pole hose over, if the current version can be bashed about and dragged along the floor without disconnecting then it would be the best option for a tubeless set-up 

Yes I agree if it would fit up inside the pole , the currant ones are far to big and bulky 

Latest Posts

Back